“Tapas Japanese Fusion Style ”
Review of Nome Izakaya

Nome Izakaya
Ranked #582 of 9,690 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Dinner
Neighbourhood: North York
Description: Nome Izakaya Is A Japanese Tapas Restaurant And Lounge Located At 4848 Yonge Street In Toronto. Specializing In The Freshest Sashimi Delicacies And Boasting The City's Best Oyster Bar, Nome Will Surely Impress You. A Concept From The Land Of The Rising Sun, Nome Izakaya Caters To Guests Looking For An Authentic, Memorable And Fresh Take On Japanese Cuisine That Toronto Seems To Lack. Come In And Experience Little Japan Like It Was Meant To Be.
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I’ve visited Nome a few times over the last 6 months and the food is always excellent. The beef ribs are amongst the best I’ve had anywhere and the sushi selections are superb. The entire menu is tapas so it’s like ordering 10 appetizers. Make a reservation as it’s usually packed.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

I was there for a quick meal of Tempura Don. It came within 10 minutes and the taste was really good. The service was friendly and prompt even during supper rush hour.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

So, ordinarily I write this reviews with a few pictures. Tonight however we were very hungry and my phone was dying so we opted just to enjoy a great meal. The only bad thing I can say about this place is that there is no wheelchair accessible washroom. They warned us of that ahead of time and seated the two of us at a four person table to accommodate my handicapped son even though they were very busy and people were waiting to sit down. We started with a 21 piece order of Sashimi and a BBQ Duck Roll. Without any hesitation I would like to say that the plate of Sashimi that arrived was the finest I have ever had, period. This place sets the bar pretty darned high. The BBQ Duck Roll was something else entirely. If you are a fan of Peking Duck this one is for you. Every mouthful pays homage to a well prepared Peking Duck. My son did find this roll a little challenging as it requires some hearty chewing. This was a very great way to start the meal and we felt that they could not improve on this, we were wrong. Next up we asked for the Sliders, it seemed that everyone was ordering these so we had to try them too. With the Sliders we also requested the Deep Fried Pork Belly. They made the mistake of bringing them together. I took the tomato off one of the Sliders and gave that and a Pork belly to my son. He ate the Pork Belly, then took a bite of the Slider. He put the Slider down and absconded with the entire plate of Pork Belly.... I only got the one and he glared at me if I even tried to scoop another. To accompany the meal we had their sparkling and flat filtered water. The only way to improve on this would have been to have a little Sake but I was driving and it was late. With tip it came out to $110, more expensive than we are used to but worth every penny.

Reviewed May 8, 2018 via mobile

Came here with a party of 10 and was pleasantly surprised. Food was great, service seemed a little flustered but on point. Recommend trying the chicken poppers (kaarage), spicy salmon poke, and beef tartare. The only thing I thought was strange was they charge $10 for flat water for the table. Would come again!

Reviewed April 19, 2018

It was laud, but a happy atmosphere with lots of young people. Packed with people waiting.The tables are probably turned around three times each night. The food was light, well presented and very tasty. The service was attentive and pleasant. We had a great dinner and we are looking forward to be back soon.