“Anniversary trip highlight”

Ranked #210 of 9,388 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Wow, so happy we found this place. The food is excellent. We got the tasting menu, the Feed Me plate, so we got to try 6 dishes plus dessert. My husband, whose high praise is usually “it’s ok” was raving about dish after dish. That alone was worth the visit! We were able to order different version of the Feed Me platter, which is shared by the table. I ordered the vegetarian version, and he got the everything version. Of the 6 dishes, we shared 3 and when he got shrimp or meat, I got the best tofu I’ve ever eaten. Wait staff was very nice, we were there very early- pre theater- so we had a large table by the window. The washrooms were down a flight of stairs and I was impressed by how clean the basement was. Lovely food, good stag and very clean. Make the trip.

Reviewed May 13, 2018

This continues to be one of my absolute favourite places to eat in Toronto for a number of reasons. The food is outstanding, but more than that, the food is completely unique. You will not find this food anywhere else in Toronto (Malaysian street food brought inside), and each dish is a unique assault on the senses. Then their is the value factor. The food is reasonably priced. We always just go for the "Feed Me" option, and are never disappointed. For $40 each, we get a sampling of lots of their dishes, and they can accommodate all kinds of dietary restrictions. We once showed up with a vegetarian, a gluten free eater and a dairy free eater, and they seamlessly accommodated everyone without compromising anything for those of us without those issues! Then there are the owners, who are the loveliest, most gracious family we have ever met. This is a very hip place, with excellent food, at modest prices. Make a reservation as, deservedly, they are a busy spot!

1  Thank MaraFromToronto
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Lovely, cozy spot with warm, inviting ambiance. The food was very flavorful, delicious. Very good service. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed April 28, 2018 via mobile

What a great place!! The food is just awesome here. Had dinner with 4 friends. Service is fantastic I would recommend the “Feed Me” menu option. This may have been the best restaurant I have eaten at in Toronto, the flavours were outstanding!!

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

Soos is one of the many fabulous restaurants on the Ossington strip. They serve Malaysian street food. I went with a friend and we were both intrigued by the “Feed Me” menu option which is a 7 course meal selected by the chef based on the customers dietary restrictions and general taste for $40 pp. The food was great. We found the meal was quite balanced and the food came out at a good pace. Service was friendly and attentive. The family owned and operated place is pretty small so be sure to make reservations. I would highly recommend visiting.