All reviews packaged muffins types of cereal room was clean first floor jarvis street would stay here again chinatown
Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here two nights when visiting downtown Toronto. I found the hotel to be basic, but the price was good for this location. Ten-minute walk to Dundas-Yonge square. It is important to note that the hotel has no parking at all, but we used a municipal parking lot maybe 8 minutes walk, and it was fine.

Room was clean, seemed to have beem renovated recently with laminate flooring and new tiles in the bathroom. Bed was very comfortable, too.

Breakfast is very basic, toast, bagels, packaged muffins, cereal, juice, coffee. I would stay here again for the location, at this price it's difficult to beat if you just need somewhere simple to sleep.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Jasmine J, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. Looking forward to meet you again!

Reviewed June 26, 2018

Went to Toronto as the next day had to see my Dr. for plastic surgery early in the morning. The place has to be updated and wish they can do something about people from outside swearing and so much fighting going on so hard to sleep. Place needs updating and the staff very nice to chat with. Funny they can't afford to have plastic forks. Perhaps on back order. But when I checked out the lady at 8 am was going to charge me again for the room and I said it was paid for. They told me that $100 deposit will come to me in 2 days. The cleaning lady was super nice and I showed her how to do the Towels the fancy way as guests would notice that. It's a nice place but needs some work done. It's very hard to sleep due to the fighting and swearing outside but nothing can be done. Overall it was very nice and staff members are great to chat with.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Jasmine J, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2018

Looking forward to meeting you again!

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Had an ok stay but when my boyfriend and I arrived we were told there was going to be a $50 deposit and it would be back within 24 hours that was returned but was not aware of another charge of $23, when asked they apparently never took that out of the credit card and couldn't explain what it was for and never got it back the $23 back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank reid552018
Jasmine J, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. As you mentioned the additional charge of 23 dollars is, unfortunately, the new tax add up which was introduced in Toronto from April 1st. The Municipal Accommodation Tax(MAT) will be charged at the rate of four percent. MAT is payable on the purchase price of the room portion of the rental accommodations for stays of four hours or more. I would like to bring to your kind attention that HST ( Harmonised Sales Tax) is also payable on the MAT portion.
Looking forward to meeting you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

The room was small but clean, however there was no lift at the hotel (staff also do not offer to help you with your luggage) and the area was extremely rough (there are several homeless people on the street). The breakfast consisted of cereal and toast, alongside orange juice / milk that came in plastic bags. Not a safe place to walk around, and a 35 minute walk from the Financial District in any case. Avoid unless you are happy to Uber to / from the hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
JACOB M, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear Jane D,
I am sorry about your inconvenience. We value your feedback. We promise to give a better service next time. Looking forward to see you again.
Regards,
Jasmine
Econo Lodge

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

It’s not a bad hotel. could use a fresh coat of paint in stairwell. Close to Ryerson University and in the middle of the shopping district. Some homeless hanging out down the block but it’s a safe area . there is no microwave or fridge in the room but a microwave in the dining area. The room is clean. The breakfast is cereal , muffins , fruit , bagels and juice and coffee. The room has a coffee machine. The staff is friendly and professional.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank pizzaz244

Looking forward to meet you again.