“Service with an attitude....”
Review of OddSeoul

OddSeoul
Ranked #1,010 of 9,762 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed January 8, 2018

If I go out to eat, I don't need attitude. I don't need to be judge on how hip or cool I am on a hip and cool street.

I loved the other restaurant owned by the Odd Seoul gang called Swish by Han, so I expected great things. Swish by Han was delicious, had great service, and I frequented there many times, and it was pretty hip and cool on the fringes of the financial district.

I had been interested in going to Odd Seoul for some time, so when my sister in law was in town, my wife, daughter and I headed out for dinner. We were the first diners, and before settling in, we were asked if our entire party were there. Then when we settled in, we were told we needed to be out by a certain time. Let me understand this -- you just opened, and you want me out, before I've even ordered, because you're just so hip and cool?

It didn't get much better than that throughout dinner. Food was fine, somewhat unmemorable, but service was a complete turn off.

Maybe next time I'll have to put in a man bun.

2  Thank StephenM465

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Tried this place on a Friday night on a recommendation by a friend. It's small and I didn't notice much in the way of sinage so I actually walked into the restaurant nextdoor @ 188 ossington.. Once I was in the right spot we received attentive service as well as some nice cocktails highlighted by the Liberace which I really recommend.

Dinner was great and we really enjoyed the fried rice dish and their homage to the big Mac. No dessert here.

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

Came here with some work friends and enjoyed the experience. The food was very flavourful and tasty, and served at a good cadence. The cheesesteak and pork belly fried rice were really good.

Cocktails were interesting too, but the beer selection was on the weak side.

Also, I'm just not a fan of communal seating, especially with high top tables.

Lastly, the a/c wasn't up to the task of a busy resto - I saw a staff member looking at the thermostat and it read 27.5C - a bit unpleasant for 8pm...

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

I was visiting Toronto and a friend insisted we go for some late night good at Oddseoul. It did not disappoint. The cocktails and food were both unbelievable. I had initially intended to try a few cocktails but after my first odd fashioned I was hooked. Ended up having 3 more. All the food is small portions and it's all delicious. We tried most if the menu that night.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

Amazing food, amazing service, amazing drinks, amazing atmosphere. Have tried almost all menu items and have loved each and every one of them.