Open today: 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Learn, Be Entertained And Stay Fit

Just got back from the TorHAUNTo run focusing on some early and modern Toronto history while... read more

Reviewed October 30, 2018
Joel B
Toronto, Canada
via mobile
so much fun and creepy ghost stories too!!!

The run was not overly strenuous, The stories were really cool and creepy, since they were about... read more

Reviewed October 30, 2018
Odyssey176124

All reviews city's history run tour a great story teller distillery district fun run guide dan light festival learn something running pace christmas tour super informative interesting spots his knowledge brew pub small group christmas market great tour
Reviewed December 9, 2016

I joined City Running Tours Toronto for the run to the Toronto Christmas Market in partnership with Get Out There Magazine. It was a great way to learn about some of the history right here in my own city that I had no idea about. The stories Dan shared were not only really interesting, but also very entertaining. I definitely left this tour thinking about going on another one. Dan also provided us all with Elf hats which was great to add to the holiday spirit! I would definitely recommend this activity and can't wait to do another!

Date of experience: December 2016
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2016

I'm so glad you enjoyed it Leanne! It was great chatting with you afterwards.

Reviewed December 9, 2016

I had the pleasure of experiencing my very first event with City Running Tours (Toronto) last night, and, despite the chilly temperatures, I had a great time! The event that I participated in was called the Toronto Christmas Market tour, and it was a fun 5K run through downtown Toronto, that also included short stops at various historical locations in the city. The tour wrapped up in the historical (and beautiful) Distillery District which is the location of the annual Christmas Market.
I just started running a few months ago, and, since my friends were too scared to venture out in the cold weather, I decided to go solo. This tour is great for people that live in Toronto and/or are visiting the city and looking for a unique/active way to explore this incredible city!

Highlights -
- Dan 'the Tour Guide' was awesome! He was friendly, knowledgeable...and, most importantly, he managed to make this historical tour FUN & interesting (which is very rare for city/museum tours!)!
- Good way to meet new people! This tour is great for tourists, couples, and, especially good for people that are solo travelers, as you'll meet a variety of fun & welcoming people from all over the world!
- Low Cost - If you're on a budget, and want to stay healthy....this is the tour for you. It's a cost effective (and FUN) way to explore a different side of Toronto...from a local's perspective!

Tips -
- Just like any type of tour/experience around the world, tips aren't required, but, I would highly suggest it if you (and your group) had an enjoyable time!
- Live in Toronto? I encourage you to check this out too as it's a great way to learn more about the history of the building's you likely pass on a daily basis! i.e. There may, or may not, be ghosts in at least one iconic downtown landmark! :)
- Check the weather! Make sure you check the temperature...and dress accordingly!

If you're looking for an entertaining way to explore Toronto, and a healthy way to burn off all of the beer/wine/food you've likely consumed on your trip....I strongly suggest that you give this a shot!

Date of experience: December 2016

What a thoughtful, thorough review. Thanks Shane!

Reviewed December 8, 2016

I'm a born and raised Torontonian, but I didn't hesitate to sign up for this tour. Everything I learned tonight was new to me. It was funny, interesting and makes me want to learn even more. Running is a great way to cover ground downtown, allowing you to quickly maneuver around from spot to spot. I got in a good workout, learned a lot and got to meet some new running friends! I highly recommend a tour with Dan!

Date of experience: December 2016
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2016

Thank you so much Cathy! It was great to have you along for the tour! Love your energy!

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Really loved this run with Dan! We did the Fenians & Famine run. He is super knowledgeable (and passionate) about the information on this tour, and even as a Toronto-native I didn't know 90% of this info. Even as someone who's from here, I really recommend Torontonians to also do this tour just to brush up on the amazing history of our city. We tend to think that Toronto doesn't have that rich history that somewhere like New York or Chicago does, but we really do! Thanks Dan for reminding us. Running is a great way to stay active and do a tour like this.

Date of experience: September 2016
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Thanks so much for the thoughtful words, Anthony! I'm honoured you chose to celebrate your anniversary with me.

Reviewed August 31, 2016

What fun it was to stumble upon City Running Tours Toronto and Dan's Vinyl Toronto musical history running tour of the city.

I love running. I love music. I really love seeing a city on foot. I had always assumed that meant I needed to walk everywhere... but, apparently there are some other amazing options to discover a city, or a scene... like a RUNNING TOUR.

It was a little over 90 minutes or so long and with a wee group of other avid runners Dan took us forth to see what we did and didn't know about this fair city and its history of music. I would highly recommend this tour if you're a runner, a new comer to the city, a visitor, or someone looking to learn something new and interesting. Prior to this adventure, I hadn't seen some of the spaces we stopped at, and for others, I was unaware of the amazing tales that they (through Dan) could tell.

Dan, our guide, was fun, extremely informative and a truly great host. I rate this is a MUST!

Sidenote: Ask him for a beer recommendation at the end - he knows some fantastic places
to grab a tasty beverage!

Date of experience: April 2016
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2016

Thanks so much Jade! I really look forward to running with you again!