“Awesome running tour, Awesome tour guide Dan!”

City Running Tours Toronto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our sightrunning tours of Toronto explore the history, culture, neighborhoods and attractions of the downtown core and along the Lake Ontario shoreline. Our routes cater to runners of all skill levels. Individual, group and corporate team building runs available.
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Excellent way to see the city. 10k running route (one of the multiple options) took us from Univ. of Toronto down through Queen St, Parliament, multiple historical sites in Toronto, into the Financial District, passed the Rogers Centre and CN Tower, the harbor, and ended up in the Distillery District. This is well worth the value and Dan is a great tour guide, very knowledgable and friendly!

Date of experience: July 2017
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2017

Thanks so much for joining me, and fighting through the ankle issues! I really enjoyed chatting with you and Emily. Happy 4th of July!

All reviews
"small group"
"christmas market"
"great tour"

Reviewed March 24, 2017

This was my first running tour with Dan but won't be my last! I had a great time learning about the music history of Toronto while visiting some iconic sites. Dan provided us with a detailed history of the music scene in Toronto and even included information about sites that weren't part of the official tour, e.g. we stopped at a stoplight and he explained that the coffee shop across the street was a music venue and who played there. After the run, Dan provided us with links to various topics he covered along the tour. Great when you want to see/hear more about the concerts he discussed along the way!

Date of experience: March 2017
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2017

Thanks so much for this! I really appreciate it.

I hope the links were useful. If you ever have any questions, please let me know.

Dan

Reviewed March 24, 2017

I booked a second City Run Tour Toronto since I really enjoyed the first one I participated in. Firstly, it's a great chance to get a run in - particularly if it is a city you are not familiar with. Although I live in Toronto, this is a great way to learn little known stories and the history of so many buildings and venues around the city. The Vinyl Toronto Tour focuses on music related stories. Dan illuminates the stories by pulling up concert posters or videos on his phone. He's even put together a playlist! This won't be my last tour!

Date of experience: March 2017

Thanks again, Leanne, for getting a group together to do this. I had A LOT of fun leading your crew around downtown and can't wait to do it again when your injury heals.

Reviewed March 11, 2017

I've lived in the city for over 50 years and every time I take a City Running Tour, I learn something about the city I didn't know. Great pace, great information and a great way to meet other runners.

Date of experience: March 2017
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2017

Thanks Peter! I feel like I learned as much from you this trip. The St. Charles Tavern, Rolling Stones private concert and Park Plaza (Hyatt) hotel... all news to me!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 1, 2017 via mobile

Running in the city can be quite a pain with the crowded streets and numerous traffic lights, but running with City Running Tours was a very pleasant experience. It was my first time doing a running tour last week (Light Run to Distillery District) and what a great time I had that I was able to combine my love for running with an informative view of the city that I didn't know existed. Sure I knew the landmarks, but the significance behind some of them made me realized I didn't know as much as I thought I did.

Dan ensured our safety at all times, kept the group together and managed to keep us engaged with his storytelling at each stop. It was quite the informative run where each stop had so much history and hearing Dan speak was amazing because he exuded so much passion with each story being told. His narration captured everyone in the group and by the looks of everyone's smiles, they all seemed to enjoy his storytelling.

I would recommend the running tour to anyone (residents of the city and visitors) who enjoys running and learning about the city. Happy Running!

Date of experience: February 2017
Dan G, Manager at City Running Tours Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2017

Thanks so much, Lynne! I'm so glad you were able to join this run... and very impressed you chose to wear shorts in February!