By The Park Bed and Breakfast
US$152
US$128
Travelocity
  • Pool
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$209
  • Room Service
All reviewsindian groveb bself cateringshared kitchenkeele subway stationwonderful hostsloft suitethe garden view roomlovely homedaisy roomroncesvalles avenuehouse is beautifulhome away from homepublic transitensuite bathroomshort walkquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Great neighborhood. Friendly, personable, and easily accessible hosts. Small, but nicely furnished and sufficiently equipped rooms. Exceptionally clean. At times you can hear your neighbors when they use the shared kitchenette, but other than that it's a very quiet and even serene place. We loved the place and will certainly stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rvk607
Reviewed 6 December 2011

I chose By the Park Bed & Breakfast because of its reasonable prices and proximity to Toronto's High Park. What I didn't realize was that I would also find the most gracious hosts and a wonderfully vibrant neighborhood within walking distance. Margo and Ziggy greeted me warmly, cooked me fabulous breakfasts, and engaged in interesting conversations when I wanted to be social and left me to myself when I was preoccupied. In short, they made me feel at home. The B&B is located on a quiet, residential street, but just a few blocks away one finds a wide array of boutique shops, restaurants, cafes, and pubs. The subway is one block away, offering easy access to downtown and the rest of the city. And High Park, perfect for a peaceful stroll, is also one block away. I could not recommend this B&B more highly.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I stayed in one of the ensuite rooms without breakfast. The entire property was absolutely spotlessly clean. You can see your reflection in every flat surface. The rooms have been renovated tastefully and to a high standard. I would agree with other reviewers that the soundproofing between the guest rooms could be better. I could hear the words of neighbouring guests having a fairly quiet conversation. However, the other guests were quiet and I didn't experience any disturbances. The location is great, the wifi worked perfectly. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2011

This b&b is a lovingly restored Victorian home on a quiet street with beautiful woodwork and period furniture, but all the modern conveniences of the 21st century. The owners, Margo and Ziggy, are helpful, friendly and great cooks. Since we didn't have a car, the location was perfect, since it is just a block from the subway and the bus. I would strongly recommend it and if we come back to Toronto I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank bmh1207
Reviewed 22 November 2011

By The Park is the perfect place to stay, even for an extended visit to Toronto such as I had in September 2011. The holiday suite I stayed in was small but tastefully furnished with an eye to the period the house itself was built. The bathroom nice and roomy with well working appliances, even a hair blower is provided. The shared kitchenette sometimes provided unexpected new aquaintences, especially if you do not mind being walked in on in your dressing gown.
I especially enjoyed the sitting areas on the porch and in the garden, as the weather allowed breakfast al fresco.
Last but not least By The Park is ideally situated. It's just a few meters from High Park (definitly one of Toronto's sights), which is lovely for an evening stroll or a brisk morning walk. And less than a five minutes walk to Keele Station, which opens up the whole of Toronto to you.
As a single person to travel I find it important, that I always at any given time of the day I felt safe, at By The Park, walking through High Park or coming back from the city by subway.
I hope that one day I'll have the opportunity to go back to Toronto. The place I'll stay iscertainly going to be By The Park.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo