“Memorable”

Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Atlanta
“Memorable”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

This is one of my favorite all time hotels. The location for shopping and the chocolate cafe across the street - fabulous! The deluxe room was beautiful and spacious. The walk-in closet space was especially nice, enabling us to keep the suitcases out of the 'living space'. The bathroom was modern and lovely with a beautiful separate shower and soaking tub. I found it hard to leave the Hazelton.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
  • Serbian first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Beautiful Hotel... very chic room interior with lots of beautiful furnishes... service was a 5 star or what I expected from this level of a hotel. Amazing service, we did not have to lift one finger at all. The hotel is just gorgeous and looks like they thought about everything down to the smallest detail. Friendly helpful and welcoming staffs. Best stay in this hotel. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We stayed here for four nights after our skiing trip in Alberta. Upon Arrival the staff were great and took our bags up to the room. We were then taken up to the room and given a tour of the features which I found a little pretentious as all obvious.

The deluxe room was spacious and the bathroom was great. I found the room to be very similar to Aria in Las Vegas (same space and very similar decor) most modern hotels now are of this standard.

The "One" restaurant was closed for renovation and we were made aware of this two weeks before arrival. However, after the first night we had a piece of paper under our door informing us the pool was closed until the 11th Jan and was also being renovated. Poor. We chose this hotel over Le Germain for the extra benefit of the pool, so this was disappointing. I spoke to the reception about "alternative arrangements" which the letter quoted to see what they were? I don't think there was any other "alternative arrangements" as I had to suggest perhaps they had an arrangement with another hotel to use their pool? The reception called back and had arranged for us to use the Four Seasons pool which I think they should of had in place before someone asked.

The hotel WIFI was also poor and regularly dropped out and one morning was not working at all. I was told it simply was not working and its being looked into after an hour later we had to go across the road to Starbucks to log on.

Upon checkout we were greeted with the additions of $15 a day for "local calls" which we made none and internet charges. After pointing out we had made no local calls and the WIFI was poor they did take that off the bill. At no point was there any mention of the charge for WIFI and considering you do not have to put your room number in to connect Its an additional standard charge. Five star hotels should be building the norm such as WIFI into the price of all rooms as is a basic requirement.

Having stayed at other 5 star premium hotels this one just doesn't match up. Its more a four star and on that basis would in hindsight choose Le Germain hands down.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ChrisJames204
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I Would say I spend 40-50 days per year in hotels, not often do I have the pleasure of staying in hotels like The Hazelton. From the moment you arrive you are greeted by a team of friendly, professional, and well versed valets and it only gets smoother from there. Front desk staff had me checked in and minutes and escorted up to my room.

The room was very well designed with a spectacular bathroom and closet, exceptional bed and an extensive pillow menu that almost topped the room service. In addition to the bedroom the living room is the perfect home away from home, with a great couch, flat screen and deck and chair.

I also had the time for a little fitness in what felt like a private celebrity gym, top of the line equipment with fresh towels cold or room temperature water and a great steam to finish off my workout.

All and all this hotel is my new home away from home.

*One the restaurant in the hotel is 5*, can't miss on that menu.

Enjoy,

Adam

Room Tip: South facing rooms are my preference as you get french doors that open up to Yorkville Ave....Toront...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Adam P
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Was fortunate enough to experience staying a few nights at this fantastic hotel! Absolutely loved my entire experience, which started when I arrived with the amazing door staff, and courteous, extremely accomodating front desk staff....they started my experience here off right, and that exeperience continued throughout my stay. Beautiful rooms, great location...I really haven't had a better hotel experience in downtown Toronto than I had here. Would recommend this hotel to anyone! Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Melissa L
north america
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We stayed at The Hazleton and also used their spa facilities. The rooms are elegantly appointed. True luxury. Comfortable beds, Sparkling clean rooms, Beautiful bathrooms.
At the spa I had a Hydration facial and a deep tissue massage, both of which were wonderful and relaxing. I found the staff to be helpful, friendly and professional.
Because it was during the TIFF festival the hotel and area was quite busy. But thanks to Olivia Tran we had no problem getting into One (Hazleton Restaurant-owned by chef Mark Mcewan). We felt like "real celebrities"!
We had the pleasure of rubbing shoulders with Bono from U2 and actor Colin Farrell which was surreal.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aeroplano
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My husband I stayed at the Hazelton Hotel while we were in town visiting our friends. What was supposed to be a quick stay for us, it ended up being a stay to remember.
The food from the One resturant was amazing. We were able to enjoy both breakfast and dinner in the resturant. Towards the end of dinner, the bar was getting very loud but it was a good way for us to end the night with our friends.
The room was not a typical standard size room. My husband and I were able to both fit in the deep bath tub!
The service that we recieved from the hotel was second to none. From the moment we were greeted at the door to the moment we left, the service was immpecable.
We look foward to our return in a few months.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple