“Reasonable rates for downtown Toronto”

Super 8 Downtown Toronto
Ranked #60 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This hotel is in Chinatown Like the neighbourhood. Didn't like the lack of parking at site. Hotel was not overly clean, but neither was it dirty per se. If you are flying into/out of the Billy Bishop airport, it is within a couple of miles. Breakfast was okay and included. Elevator access to the room floors was restricted and you had to swipe your room card to go above the lobby floor. The lobby is not on the ground floor, - i like lobbies on the ground floor. Wouldn't stay here more than one night.

Room Tip: Our room had a poor view. on the back of the hotel. Not too noisy.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

Stayed for a concert at Rogers Centre. This hotel is cheap, and for very good reason. It is inside a small shopping centre in the heart of Chinatown. It is safe and quiet, but during my stay one of the elevators was broken and getting back and forth between the underground parking (basement level three) and the hotel (third floor) was very inconvenient. The lobby and decor of the hotel have been updated and look great - however the same has not been done for the guest rooms. Furniture was not in great condition and the pull-out couch in our room was dirty and useless. Breakfast isn't special.

Parking is very inconvenient and hard to find. I had to drive around the hotel in order to get to it after I missed it the first time. It states that Hotel parking is on the third and lowest level - I figured because it specified the third level was for hotel patrons that we would get some kind of a deal. Be warned - you don't! So do yourself a favour - park on level one and save yourself some elevator/parking time.

The only thing I was impressed with was the free wi-fi - something you don't often get in the nicer Toronto hotels for free. Location was also very convenient - $7 cab ride from Rogers Centre.

Would I stay here again? Yes. But only in a pinch. Do yourself a favour and spend a little extra and stay somewhere closer to the Yonge/University-King area.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank satin3
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Receptionist staff are very friendly and helpful. My boyfriend and I had checked in last minute and were still able to find a room. Great internet connection and a nice breakfast in the morning however I would of preferred a cooked breakfast. Rooms are spacious and clean but the bathroom wasn't up to standards. Overall nice motel for the money and I would go back again.

Room Tip: Reception staff are very helpful and there are plenty of different rooms to choose from so I'm s...
3  Thank Jessica T
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Good price, perfect location and plus we got free parking...for no reason, which was a good surprise for us! Nothing bad coming to my mind to comment about this place. For the money we paid, we got a bit more we expected!

2  Thank SKY17
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My partner and I stayed in a king double which was nicely positioned with a view of the CN Tower. The room was comfortable with TV, Microwave, Fridge. One major amenity for us is having acces to wifi, this was an issue as the signal strength for connecting from our room was non existent. We had to request an Ethernet cable which resolved the issue for us but I did see other guests sitting in the lobby to connect from there. Not a life or death issue but if it is not available in room then it should not be advertised that it is. If you love Asian food this hotel is in the best location, we enjoyed some really well priced Vietnamese & Thai food only a stones throw from the front door of the hotel. Right next door there is an Asian shopping centre with a foodcourt at the base level with 4 dollars meal deals, that value can't be beat for a tasty lunch. There are some lively bars & venues located on College st. Which are just 15 min. Walk from the hotel and you can stroll through Kensington (lively bright area with lots of cafes & shops) to get to College st. A good breakfast is on offer including bagels, apples, oranges, cereals, condiments, muffins, juices and some good coffee. There is a bar onsite although it's small it's nice to have it there if you don't want to venture out but are in the mood for a beer.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank nkdiaz
Reviewed 14 October 2011

Stayed 3 nights. Room was clean, location is convenient and close to public transportation which makes it easy to get around Toronto. Continental breakfast and free internet included.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 October 2011

By no means is this a SPECTACULAR place to stay. But if you're in Toronto for a night out on the town, a wedding, or another function where you're not spending a lot of time in your room ... then the Super 8 will suffice.

They allowed me to have an early check-in, which was extremely helpful as I was in a wedding party that day.
I DID have to call a week before, the morning of, and the hour before I got there though to ensure they had a room ready for me.
(They kept telling me to call back).

It also comes with a decent continental breakfast which consisted of bagels, muffins, cereal. I just wish it had some fruit!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple