“Good food but pricey after tax and the service charge”

The Elm Tree Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Elm Tree Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 9,693 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: The Elm Tree Restaurant is a new, modern-Mediterranean restaurant in the heart of Toronto! Using fresh and high quality products, the menu focuses on the use of familiar ingredients, yet delivers a unique and memorable dining experience. Our restaurant provides guests with exceptional food at accommodating prices. Featuring great craft beers, international cocktails, wines and spirits, our bar is fully loaded. We provide our customers with as much selection at the bar as on the menu! Our bar features 8 draught beers, a concise yet international wine menu, classic and premium cocktails and a large variety of spirits. Our staff are knowledgeable and attentive, providing quality service in a casual and comfortable atmosphere. Guests are encouraged to relax and enjoy the ambiance, and to try some succulent dishes that are unique to our menu. The next time you want to try some of the best Mediterranean food in Toronto, look no further than The Elm Tree Restaurant!
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

We where looking for a restaurant near to the hotel and found the Elm Tree.

We had the following
2 gin and tonics
Bottle of Malbec
Beef carpaccio and watermelon and feta for starters
Salmon and beef tenderloin for main
2 espresso

The wine was good but really not worth the $54

The food was cooked excellently, the service was very good and attentive.

The atmosphere was enjoyable

After tax and service charge it made the meal feel a bit steep, but this is just a comment and did not really detract from the meal.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Thanksgiving and many restaurants were closed but we had passed the Elm Tree earlier and the menu looked interesting if somewhat over inflated prices. The wine certainly was, however, we opted for a bottle of Riesling....a shade under $50 and the cheapest on the menu. It was delicious however rather than leaving the bottle chilling, Andrew our server kept the bottle next to a lamp and poured the wine when he was ready! ( maybe he didn’t think we could be trusted?)
I ordered chicken or hen as it was on the menu with a side of fries and my husband opted for risotto.
When the meals were served, we were told the fries would be out soon.....we waited...and waited. Andrew then came over and said that the fries were delayed....I said I wanted them to accompany my meal....ok, he went away and returned with a dish of burned and dried to almost charcoal fries. It looked like they had been cooked and kept warm for a long time. Perhaps they had realised this and decided to make me more. As I started the ‘ hen’ I told Andrew it was really good....but then I tried one of the charcoal...I mean fries. They were really bitter so when Andrew returned to the table...I told him they were dreadful....he said he would get more ....but I had finished the rest of the meal then. Judging by the prices.....the restaurant is trying to be something it certainly isn’t......and this poor food let them down. If that wasn’t enough.....my husband and I still had a full glass of wine and Andrew brought the bill.....without being asked! So I put the cash in the folder and again before we had finished the wine....he returned to take the cash!
It’s probably overused....but this was a nightmare on elm street. Overpriced, over cooked and over pretentious. Not recommended!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

We sat here for a few hours on Thanksgiving. The burgers were about as good as burgers gets, and the complimentary home made hummus to start was first class. Coffee was thrown in on the house. Thoroughly recommend this place...I will certainly eat here again.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Dined here with my wife last night and received excellent service and superb food. My wife had the burger and I had the pork chop which both sounded fairly basic but both were brilliant.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Found this restaurant as around the corner from our hotel. Service was efficient and the food good. Would certainly return.