“Awesome in every way”
Review of Smoque & Bones

Smoque & Bones
Reserve with OpenTable
Smoque & Bones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 9,693 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed February 9, 2018

The restaurant is small and has a great chilled friendly vibe. The staff are awesome. Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable of the local area suggesting places for us to check out during our trip to Toronto. She knew her beers too and let us try before we chose which was great. The food....wow the food!! So much flavour and the portions are huge! The sides were equally as delicious as the meats.
I'll definitely be back next time I'm in Toronto!

Reviewed December 26, 2017 via mobile

Very good bbq place, industrial decor and setup, I saw the chef cooking in front of me, putting lots of love and taste into the food. Half chicken and ribs were the hit.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Made a reservation through OpenTable and was asked to select a ‘table type’ and I selected ‘Standard’ coz I don’t want to dine in the bar or counter. But guess what, we still ended up sitting in one of the most uncomfortable bar stool you can imagine! We asked if we can go to the 2nd floor and they said it’s not open, we asked if we can seat in one of their 4 seater table since it’s not busy anyway and they said no too. So we were given a table underneath the stairs and we’re really disappointed coz why do you get to choose your table upon reservation and in the end they put you to this lousy inconvenient tables/area. Plus the tables/stools are so tiny that you don’t have anyplace to put down your coat. Yes they do have a coat rack, the kind that can accommodate 2-3 coats lol. And since there’s already coats hanging in the rack, our coats stayed in our lap for the duration of our dining. Talk about having an enjoyable dinner, NOT!

And the food, OMG I don’t understand why people give this restaurant 4 or 5 stars since the food is nothing spectacular!

Ordered the following BBQ:

- 1/2 lbs Side Ribs - they were tough and dry. For $19.90 you would think that you’re getting at least decent ribs but oh no you’re not! I’d rather eat Swiss Chalet’s ribs (and I hate hate Swiss Chalet) that’s when you know Smoque N’ Bones’ ribs are bad.

- Their Smoked Chicken ($16.90) is the same story, tasted more like burnt than smokey.

SIDES:

- Sweet Potato Waffle Fries($7.90) - of all the food we ordered, this is the only thing we enjoyed. The natural sweetness of the potatoes and its crunchy texture makes this an okay dish.

- Grilled Corn with Chipotle Mayo & Smoked Cheddar (6.90) - they split 1 corn into two, slathered it with mayo and cheese and charge you almost 7 bucks for a side that doesn’t even taste good. Nothing special, I bet you can make this yourself and it won’t cost you this much.

Overall after experiencing back problems and sore behind (from the hard uncomfortable stools), unaccommodating service and uninspired/expensive food, there’s no way I’m coming back here.

Reviewed December 4, 2017 via mobile

Wife and I were excited to explore this restaurant but were greatly disappointed. Ribs were tough, burnt and had to pull the meat away from the bone like a caveman. Either it was overcooked or stale... sad thatch couldn't tell. They had one bottle of wine to offer my wife, but had a decent beer selection. The atmosphere was to dark and both myself and the couple beside us had to use the light on our phones to read the menu.

The waitress upstairs was very good and informative.

The bill was over 150 and I was disgusted I paid that for this experience. I've had a better experience at ribfest and using my oven at home for less than half the cost.

Recommend better quality meats, and knowledge of proper bbq techniques.

Reviewed November 19, 2017 via mobile

Great find if you want fabulous ribs! The place is small, servers are understaffed but the food was amazing. We shared the Tasting for Two which satisfies my need for bbq meat. We will be back!