“Great homey feel.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Went out with family, no youngsters. Great assorted appetizers. Very accommodating waiters and owner. Food was very good and as described. Not pretentious or stuffy. If I lived near buy I would go
1-2 nights a week.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

We went as a group of four for a birthday dinner. We ordered both from the regular menu, and from the three-course special menu. Everything arrived in a timely manner, we were not rushed and the service was excellent. Food quality was good, hot and plentiful. The waiter helped with with wine selection and we enjoyed that as well. Both the salmon and the lemon tart can be recommended! We will definitely go back.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

I can't explain the negative reviews for this restaurant. We live around the corner and have just recently discovered Grappa. Our last visit was on May 20, 2017. This was our second visit in 6 months, and both the owner and staff not only remembered us, but were warm and gracious. Our reservation on a Saturday evening was ready and waiting. We really like Grappa for 3 things: The service, the food, and the ambience. In our experience, the food is consistent and represents very good value for the money (prices are reasonable for Toronto Italian). They always have a fixed price offering called "Grappalicious" that rivals the city's "Summerlicious" and "Winterlicious" offerings elsewhere. It is true that on occasion a steak will come rarer than ordered, which seems to be a quirk of the chef, but it is easily avoided by ordering beef medium instead of medium rare. Other cuts of meat, including rack of lamb, have been prepared to order. Regarding the service, we have had nothing but warm and friendly treatment. And when it comes to ambience, Grappa is typically a quiet and relaxing place where people who hate the high decibel din of many Toronto restaurants will find a pleasant oasis. Recommended for people who live in the Queensway, Bloor West areas who are looking for a local Italian restaurant that is affordable and gracious.

Reviewed 12 May 2017

My husband and I just had dinner there and we ordered off the 3 course fixed price menu. I had the steak and ordered it medium but it came medium rare and cold. Sent it back and it came back warm but still medium rare. Sent it back again and when it came back it was burnt on top and still medium rare and by this time it had shrunk.

My husband had the crusted rack of lamb and crust was soggy with a weird taste. We both had salads to start and they were drenched with dressing. To top it off the bill came and we were charged full time instead of offering to remove my meal. They gave us a shot of grappa and said sorry. We were not impressed. We have been before and this was the worst meal so far. Won't be going back.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed! Let's start from walking in. Made reservations for 8pm, and was greeted by who may have been the manager. Another couple walks in about 5 mins AFTER us asking if tables were available, said "manager" walks up, kisses them on the cheek and seats them at a table as we remained standing there. Should have been my first clue.

The appetizer funghi salad was outstanding ...and it went downhill from there. Ordered the veal scaloppini and mushroom risotto, when it arrived, the visual appeal on plating the food was worse than the taste. It looked like blobs of food (pic attached). Not something I would expect in a fine dining restaurant. Risotto was extremely undercooked (crunchy). The veal had gravy on it (terrible) when the menu said "jus", not sure they knew the difference. The vegetables undercooked. Bad all around.

No one came to check in on the table, ask us how the meal was going, refill our water/drinks. Did I mention there is probably only about 25 tables In the whole place. Terrible service. When the server FINALLY came to the table (20'mins later and after we were done eating) we mentioned the rice issue and she offered "to have them cook the rice for longer". I said "I didn't think they could do that", her response "it's risotto, yes you can". I kindly declined. SMH.

No manager came over, didn't offer a dessert/coffee, didn't fix the bill. Nothing.

The place has a sense of arrogance and was not worth it at all!

Decor was nothing spectacular and the lights in the entrance kept dimming in/out, which must of been annoying for those seated in that area.

Parking is a challenge.

Would not recommend Good luck!

2  Thank Angie L