“The most amazing Ethiopian food I have ever had!”

Lalibela Restaurant
Ranked #742 of 9,693 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed August 3, 2016

I loved going to this place during my time in Toronto. The staff are very friendly and the food is mouth-watering. Everything I have tried here was simply delicious. If you haven't tried Ethiopian food before, I suggest you order a large platter with a combination of meat, veggies and lentils. At the end of the meal, don't forget to have the coffee ceremony. Amazing coffee + served with popcorn. :-)

Reviewed June 22, 2016

I love this place. Been coming here for over 10 years and the only sad thing is that based on my last visit there seem to be more non-Ethiopians eating here (used to be the Ethiopians were the vast majority). The value remains outstanding.

Reviewed May 28, 2016

Really delicious Ethiopian food. The service was friendly, food and drinks delicious – great place to stop in for food. We ordered the mixed platter, which allowed us to sample a few dishes, and you get extra injera to eat it with as well as the one it is served on. Will be back if we’re ever back in Toronto!

Reviewed May 25, 2016 via mobile

Came here with a groupon so that was a very good deal. Ordered #45 - mixed meat and veg platter enough for 2. We were very full, and got to try a bit of everything. We also ordered the coffee which was good to try once. They burned frankincense while serving the coffee which was quite strong and tasty and there was a big plate of popcorn that came with it too. Service can be a bit slow (seemed there was only 1 person for the whole place) but will gladly come back to eat here.

Reviewed May 18, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our lunch. We ordered the mixed platter for 2. There was loads of food, which was great and is a true ethiopian food experience. The service was good and resturant is nice and comfortable.