“Kale that actually tasted good”
Review of Montecito

Montecito
Reserve with OpenTable
Montecito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #237 of 9,767 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$26 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Montecito brings to life and deliver a shared love of culture, comfort, innovation and simple culinary excellence. Located in Toronto's Entertainment District, the restaurant is 12,000 square-foot and will seat 399 people in it's two-storey dining room, lounge, and outdoor patio. Just steps away from the TIFF Lightbox, this turn-key event space features a lounge and dining room complete with a private entrance...perfect for celebrity and high-profile events. Montecito's menu changes daily highlighting the simplicity of California cuisine with ingredients that pay homage to the best of Canada coast-to-coast. Visit us at 299 Adelaide St. W!
Reviewed October 27, 2018

The good: good location, great decor, nice layout, good food
The not so good: some menu items seem a bit expensive for the portion size
The really good: meat cooked correctly to order, kale salad

There are only a couple of food items I'm not crazy about. Kale is one. Until I tasted the kale salad here I had all but given up on kale.The portion is plenty big enough to share with 1 or maybe two others.
I had the roasted beet starter. There wasn't much special about it. The beet starter at The Senator was my comparison. It is very good.
For my main I had the BBQ Duck pizza. It was quite good and it had nice thin crust.
Also ordered at our table was the Fogo Island cod. It was very good.
The other main ordered was the striploin. It looked very good and apparently tasted the same.
We didn't have time to try any desserts.
Overall it was a good experience but except for the kale salad and the pizza it seemed a little pricey.
The service was good.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We had dinner at Montecito for a friends birthday and the food and drinks were creative and delicious! They even gave my friend a birthday dessert!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We returned to Montecito during our trip to the Toronto International Film Festival after a great evening there last year during TIFF.

We started with the charcuterie board. Great mix of flavours and condiments. The mustard is particularly yummy and we end up applying it to just about everything.

The Fogo Island cod is a favourite and did not disappoint. The trout was a new dish and was perfectly cooked with great but not overpowering flavour. The house Chardonnay continues to be one of the best white wine pours by the glass - a great pair with the fish dishes.

We finished with a flight of homemade ice creams. All very unique flavours with toasted marshmallow winning our vote.

The openness of the dining area, great service and atmosphere and consistently good food keep Montecito on our go to list!

Date of visit: September 2018
Natalie B, Manager at Montecito, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to Montecito. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our Fogo Island Cod and new homemade ice creams. We look forward to seeing you back again soon :)

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

Very expensive without a reason. I ordered a trout that was a small portion with vegetables, almost raw small potatoes for “unreasonable” 34 Canadian dollars. As desert the Vanilla cheesecake was the worst cheesecake I ever tried.

Date of visit: September 2018
Natalie B, Manager at Montecito, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Hi Xavier, We are disappointed to hear your visit to Montecito was less than perfect. Please contact our General Manager Heather (heather@montecitorestaurant.ca) with more information. We hope the next meal you have at Montecito is a fabulous one.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Montecito’s downtown location makes it the perfect venue for a post work meal and the night I got there it was full.However it was 7.30 and I didn’t have long to wait before people started leaving and I got a table on the terrace. My waitress was Ashley who was attentive, helpful and not afraid to make suggestions, which I always appreciate. Naturally I was too late for the oyster special as they do not keep stock but get them on the day! I had the trout as per recommendation and it was perfectly cooked and well presented. Normally I don’t have dessert but saw the incredibly presented Basil and blueberry panacotta going to another table and had to have it. It was a fantasy of deliciousness and with it I had my first ever ice wine. Perfect combination. Perfect experience!

Date of visit: August 2018
Natalie B, Manager at Montecito, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Hi There,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent meal at Montecito. We strive to make each and every customer experience one to remember and are happy to hear we achieved that on your visit last week. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon :)