“Excellent service but pricey”
Review of Montecito

Montecito
Reserve with OpenTable
Montecito is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #238 of 9,812 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$26 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Montecito brings to life and deliver a shared love of culture, comfort, innovation and simple culinary excellence. Located in Toronto's Entertainment District, the restaurant is 12,000 square-foot and will seat 399 people in it's two-storey dining room, lounge, and outdoor patio. Just steps away from the TIFF Lightbox, this turn-key event space features a lounge and dining room complete with a private entrance...perfect for celebrity and high-profile events. Montecito's menu changes daily highlighting the simplicity of California cuisine with ingredients that pay homage to the best of Canada coast-to-coast. Visit us at 299 Adelaide St. W!
Reviewed November 7, 2018 via mobile

We were three couples enjoying a leisurely dinner Sunday evening. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The wine list is very broad, containing excellent Italian, French, Spanish and Canadian wine. We started with the Westcott Pinot Noir rosé which everyone loved. With the mains, we chose a flavorful Languedoc red at a reasonable price ($62). The kale salad was really good and large enough for two or more. All the mains were well received but in the mid $30 range, even the chicken. Bread and butter for $9 was twice what others charge. All in all a good experience but we won’t hurry back with all the alternatives that are out there

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

I’m not sure why chefs feel the need to re-invent traditional favourites like Eggs Benedict or Pancakes yet miss the mark to improve on the standard.

The Eggs Benedict serving was sparse with no potato serving to accompany the EB a first time for that for me. The eggs were over cooked which may have been the result of sitting too long and arrived warm not hot. By the time I moved to the second egg it was just room temperature.

The pancakes while ample were served with condiments heaped on top and not on the side as one might expect to control how much condiment you might want with your pancakes.

I sample a friends fried chicken which was long on the breading but at least the chicken was moist.

The by the glass wine prices seemed higher than average and the selection was just average.

Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

We had a la carte brunch at Montecito restaurant. Moderate number of choices but nice variety and originality are on the menu. Baked eggs, frittata and pancakes were ordered. All were very good (no ketchup available???) and service was very good too. We’ll be back soon to try dinner and highly recommend this upscale but comfortable restaurant.

1  Thank JALToronto
Reviewed October 27, 2018

The good: good location, great decor, nice layout, good food
The not so good: some menu items seem a bit expensive for the portion size
The really good: meat cooked correctly to order, kale salad

There are only a couple of food items I'm not crazy about. Kale is one. Until I tasted the kale salad here I had all but given up on kale.The portion is plenty big enough to share with 1 or maybe two others.
I had the roasted beet starter. There wasn't much special about it. The beet starter at The Senator was my comparison. It is very good.
For my main I had the BBQ Duck pizza. It was quite good and it had nice thin crust.
Also ordered at our table was the Fogo Island cod. It was very good.
The other main ordered was the striploin. It looked very good and apparently tasted the same.
We didn't have time to try any desserts.
Overall it was a good experience but except for the kale salad and the pizza it seemed a little pricey.
The service was good.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

We had dinner at Montecito for a friends birthday and the food and drinks were creative and delicious! They even gave my friend a birthday dessert!

Date of visit: March 2018