“Okay restaurant takes a weird turn”
Review of Coco Lezzone Resto & Bar - CLOSED

Coco Lezzone Resto & Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed February 15, 2016

Coco Lezzone is a neighbourhod Italian bistro for us, and we eat there occasionally. When the owners took over this site from the previous tenant, they spruced up the interior, improved the menu and brought better service. We liked it, and found it comfortable and reasonable value.
We went back last week (February 2016) and were very disappointed to find they had installed two big-screen TV sets in the main dining area. The room is long and narrow, and if you are sitting with your back to the opposite wall or otherwise facing north, you cannot avoid the flickering TV display in your field of view.
If you want to watch TV while eating, I suggest you go to a sports bar with lower prices. If you want to relax with friends or a loved on over a nice dinner, I suggest you find a different restaurant to go to -- such as L'Unita or the new EVOO right across the street from this one. This is one inexplicable decorating decision!
Also, we think the menu prices had been increased since our last visit - appetizer salads are circa $14, pasta or pizza prices are in the $18-26 range now. So in addition to the annoying TVs you get to pay higher prices. Definitely NOT good value any longer overall. I had a salad and pizza, and the pizza was undercooked, with a doughy middle. Disappointing.
Service is still prompt and attentive.

2  Thank tlman46

Reviewed January 10, 2016

Was looking to try a new spot in yorkville. Read the great reviews on here and was very disappointed. The waiter was very nice and treated us well. But the owner or manager that night was very rude with a serious attitude issue. Perhaps it's because the place is not doing well as it was pretty empty for a Saturday night.

My wife and I frequent many restaurants in the Yorkville area and consider ourselves credible critics. The pizza was thick crust....something out of the frozen section of your grocery store. Pasta was ok....nothing special.

I see no reason to return as one can get far superior food at the many surrounding spots within walking distance of this place.

You expect when dinning out that the food will be outstanding. This place fails to earn anyone's business.

2  Thank Koko730
Reviewed October 25, 2015

I was at this restaurant and totally not impressed at all. I ordered my drink 3 times and never got it but was stilled charged, my food took so long to come that I was asked by the waiter, if I still wanted my food. When I got my food it wasn't that great, I ordered the steak and I ordered it medium well and it was not cooked that way at all, there was so much red I couldn't even eat it. No one came and refilled my water so I had one small glass of water for the whole time I was there, which was about 4 hours. Then when my bill came, I was told the debit was not working, so I paid in cash and gave $60, the waiter asked if I wanted change? Now normally even if I have bad service I will still tip, but $10 not a chance, and I wouldn't know who to tip as I didn't know who my waiter was!!!
This is a nice place the only thing is they really need to work on their service and food, another thing is they also say they have valet parking, which they don't and there is a empty parking lot right next to the place, but its blocked off.
I was looking forward to experiencing this but was really disappointed.

1  Thank taradawn1978
Reviewed September 27, 2015

Amazing restaurant to organize a venue or simply to dine as well.
I have done both and they are very friendly. Staff took care of everything and made great suggestions as well. Food is uncomplicated and delicious. Wine selection is good too.

1  Thank ASelk15
Reviewed September 16, 2015 via mobile

From the maitre'd to the amazing bar staff, we were 14 for dinner and hey didn't miss a beat. It was simply delicious Italian food supported by a great staff.

We will definitely be back.