“Best Schnitzel in Toronto”

Country Style Hungarian Restaurant
Ranked #896 of 8,722 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Simply put: best schnitzel you'll find in T.O. (the piece they give you is HUGE)
This restaurant isn't anything fancy. Cash only...
Great service, awesome food. They have the best perogies too. Cabbage rolls look great too. (I'm trying them on my next visit) Great European dishes. Pickled beats, cucumber salad or coleslaw accompany your meal and are delicious!
I highly recommend!

2  Thank Miss_HolidayGirl2
There are newer reviews for Country Style Hungarian Restaurant

Reviewed 9 December 2011

One the oldest Hungarian restaurant still around. That should tell you something. But it's not about how long this restaurant been around, it's about food. Great food and a lot of it. The place is family owned and run with Hungarian employees. I am Hungarian my self so when I tell you the food is good, trust me because its reminds me my moms cooking. You can't beat that can you. The price is little pricy but you getting quality and quantity on that dinner plate.

2  Thank Gabor H
Reviewed 2 December 2011

My companion's grew up on Hungarian cooking and found the goulash and the crepes delectable. I enjoyed my pierogies and sausage. The restaurant was clean and well organized, though tables were close together, the wood paneling and edging gives it a rustic touch, and the pictures on the wall are lovely scenes of Hungary.

2  Thank Kathleen_1418
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Went here for dinner recently after finding the restaurant on Tripadvisor. A short metro ride away from downtown, followed by a few blocks of walking ... nice, small little restaurant with about 30 tables I believe. Menu consisted of the usual items (perogies, cabbage roles, schnitzels, stew, among others). I ordered the cabbage roll to start (which was OK ... I was hoping for more flavor/paprika just coming back from Hungary last month). For dinner, as per the waitresses comments, I ordered the wiener schnitzel which was quite large and very good. The dumplings it came with again was just OK. Good friendly service throughout .. and very fast. Total bill including 2 pilsner urquell was $40.90 (cash only/ no CC or debit).
The restaurant was good though not as good as the dining on my recent eastern European trip. I would consider coming back through would try something different on the menu next time.

2  Thank d1289
Reviewed 19 October 2011

This is the real stuff from the old world – schnitzels that cover the entire plate, chicken paprikash so tender & with gravy so rich it makes your mouth water, goulash better than what your grandmother made, fresh beets, etc, etc. There’s nothing more comforting on a cold winter day than a big lunch at Country Style. It resides in what was years ago the ‘Little Hungary’ part of Toronto. Today, it’s the last vestige of day’s gone bye. Its still run with old world charm & care but enjoy it now while the lovely older women who run it are still there – I don’t know if there’s another generation that will be there to carry it forward, & if there is, if it will be the same wonderful authentic place it is today.

3  Thank fromtoronto34172