“Cozy and good French restaurant.”
Review of Le Montmartre

Le Montmartre
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Montmartre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #791 of 9,939 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed May 4, 2018

Recently went to Montmartre for a quiet dinner for two on a Thursday night. Made a reservation but they had plenty of space, gave us a nice table. After 7pm it gets very busy.
There is very little parking at the front but you can drive between the buildings and there is more parking in the back.

A little bit pricey but the food is good and service was attentive. We also had a bit of an oops with the bill, but we send it back and they fix it.

I had the mussels and were delicious, really delicious. My friend had the pâté app. Mixed reviews on that one. The pâté was tasty, thick sliced with a peppercorn topping. It was on a bed of chopped romaine lettuce with halved cherry tomatoes. That was a bit odd. For main I had the grilled provimi liver in a shallot-red-wine sauce, was very good. My friend had the duck a l'orange and was juicy and also very tasty.
We finished off with a grand marnier creme brule and the profiteroles - Desserts aren't worth it. Nothing special.

Overall a nice dinner, would I go back? Peut-être…. 

P.S. Lot’s of plastic flowers, should be removed from the window, looks cheap.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

The Montmartre restaurant is where we go when we want to treat ourselves to the best French cuisine. This quaint old house has been transformed years ago into a really nice and intimate place, ideal for a couple olon a special date or to entertain good friends.

Their special was the Boeuf Bourg ignore when we went, so my wife had that while I had the 2 peppercorn sauce filet mignon. Both we really exquisite, as were the escargots in the garlic butter with a hint on Pernod.

Truly one of our favourite places.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 27, 2018

Recently returned to Montmartre for a quiet dinner for two on a Thursday night. Made a reservation but they had plenty of space, gave us a nice table. A nearby group got a little rowdy after drinking too much but the place just inspires that sort of joie de vivre - understated decor, no nasty televisions, quiet music. Just lovely.

And the food - I had the duck a l'orange and my friend had the veal marsala - after being appetized by a ceasar salad and an onion soup. The only thing left on our plates were the orange peels - everything else was perfect and we adored it all. And we finished off with a gran marnier creme brule which was just what we needed. A glass of good red wine between us didn't hurt.

Service was attentive. Mains took a bit of time to come, but that just ensured they were fresh and hot.

The only thing I can fault them for happened six years ago - when they put an 18% mandatory gratuity on the bill ON TOP OF THE TAX when I showed up with a large group. I don't like to tip on tax and I was most upset. So stick to smaller groups and you will be fine.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 12, 2018 via mobile

Usually here for lunch so dinner was a little different.
Food is always great. Light sauces perfectly seasoned and equally perfectly cooked.
Anything we have ordered has been delicious. Standard meals are their two chicken dishes and on special occasions they have coq o vin which my dining companions talk about for days.
You could easily miss this quaint little hidden gem but well worth looking for.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed December 18, 2017 via mobile

On December 14 we went to dinner at 6:00pm for my birthday. I ordered Lobster Bisque and my husband ordered French Onion Soup to start. OMG that was the best Lobster Bisque ever. It came piping hot and creamy. My husband loved his onion soup as well. For dinner I ordered Frogs Legs and my husband ordered Rack of Lamb. The Frogs Legs were delicious and a good portion too, as well I tried my husbands Rack of Lamb and it was delicious in a mustard coating. We each had a glass of red house wine to compliment the meal. The service was excellent even as the restaurant started to fill up. We would definitely go back and next time we are taking our friends.

Date of visit: December 2017