“Refreshing & Trendy Atmosphere”

Mildred's Temple Kitchen
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Cross street: King and Atlantic
Transit: The King West streetcar #504 stops at Atlantic Ave. and King going east and at Jefferson Ave. going west. We are located at the top of the stairs on the southeast corner of Atlantic and King Street West.
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic place for brunch! I’ve heard a lot about this place and my 1st time going here was great! It has a very open and refreshing atmosphere with an open kitchen & patio. The menu is great because they have various options at great prices! Amazing service from the hostess to the servers. Ordered the All Shakshuka’d Up (a skillet with red peppers, eggs and sourdough) and it was tasty with a kick of spice. Tried the Huevos Monty and that was just as great! My only concern was that I wish either hash browns or greens were served with our meals. Great experience & will come back!

(Vegan dog treats by the patio with water and watermelons to keep refreshed in the summer!)

Reviewed July 16, 2018

You can't go wrong from Breakfast to Brunch to later.
I had Mrs. Biederhof’s Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes which were light fluffy and filling. My sister had Veda’s Choice with bacon - poached eggs on a flakey croissant and topped with bernaise sauce.
Looking forward to my next visit to Toronto even if just for this brunch

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My quick brunch meeting turned out not too quick which resulted in my colleague and I to be late back at the office.
The food was great, but the service received was horrendous. Visibly there was ample of tables that were free. But the hostess looked lost, confused she was pacing back and forth and made us wait for over 15 mins. Finally got seated, and no one got us water for another 15 mins although the same lost hostess continues to pace she told us someone will be with us... many times. In that time I swear she could’ve taken our order but no....
we finally waived down someone as if we were in grade school again. Ordered, informed her we were on a tight schedule. 20 mins passed we saw another table that sat down after us order came first, the server just kept telling us our order will be out in a minute, please... do not make fake promises especially to busy people that have plans to get back to. If we knew it was going to be that long and we would get a run around we would’ve ordered take out. Also another class room waive down for the bill, we usually get a Farewell cookie or treat but we got nothing? Maybe new staff? Lack of training? Who knows but this experience changed my perspective on this used to be favourite brunch spot.
Come here if you want your time wasted because of lack of training!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were there for Sunday brunch. We got there at 10am and the restaurant was already packed (no weekend brunch reservations). Luckily we only waited a few minutes for our table. The food was amazing!! The pancakes were super fluffy. The sweetness in the syrup, fruit and whipped creams were just right. We also had the avocado toast with poached eggs, potatoes and salad (weekend special) and I would order it again without hesitation. Just remember to go there early for weekend brunch!!

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We went to Mildred’s twice this week because it’s so good! The prices are on the higher end ($16 for breakfast) but the food is worth it. The pancakes and vedas choice are my personal favourites. They would get five star except sometimes they don’t bring the food out right away so it’s cold when you get it. But they are good with taking it back and remaking it.