“Best service, Very good food, Beautiful”

Portico Restaurant and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Portico Restaurant and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 9,683 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$30 - US$51
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Victoria Street
Description: Step into a world of luxurious decor, gourmet cuisine, and welcoming service at Portico -- a tantalizing downtown Toronto restaurant. Lose yourself in a brilliant atmosphere of wood finishings, bronze mirrors, and plush furniture. Join us on a global culinary journey -- an enticing and intriguing fusion menu showcasing elements of Italian fare. All our offerings are freshly prepared daily, reflecting the season"s bounty. Whether you seek a power lunch, or a superb dining experience, this great downtown Toronto restaurant will delight and inspire you.
Reviewed June 4, 2018

Had dinner with my daughter during a Toronto visit for business. Rene was our server. He offered plain or flavored water, we opted for flavored (by fresh fruits in the water). Rene was always smiling and took time to propose options to render some menu items lactose free for me (what could be substituted by what to make it lactose free). Our glass of water never went empty. Food was very good and big portions (neither of us finished all our plate). Beautiful decor as well. would definately return to try something else. I had a salad with chicken on it, and my daughter had a tomatoe soup (very thick, almost like spaghetti sauce!) and i cannot remember the entree we took. They serve different types of small hot breads (that were actually hot enough to melt your butter) and two types of butter (with or without flavor) and they were SO good! Thank you Rene your help and making sure we never ran out of anything!

Reviewed June 4, 2018

We ate here twice during our stay as it was conveniently located next to our hotel. The menu was not vast but enough to cater for a couple of nights. It was very comfortable and the service was very good, we had Cheryl as our server both times and she is first rate. The meals were well cooked and presented and very reasonably priced for a City restaurant. If youare in the area this is definitely worth a try.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

We chose this restaurant for its proximity to our hotel (The Hilton), but we were also looking for a restaurant that would be good for vegetarians as well as one that had gluten-free options and not too expensive! Portico fit the bill perfectly! We were pleasantly surprised by the delicious offerings. We selected a vegetarian bean burger with gluten-free bun and a salmon wrap with sweet potato fries and both meals were made with fresh, local produce. The food was delicious and reasonably priced!! The cornucopia of bread and crackers served with two different butters was a very nice touch too! The server was attentive but let us enjoy our meal and conversation without hovering.

I would definitely come back to this restaurant! I just wish they were in my town!!

Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Have been eating here once a week lately for business. I typically order the Chicken Pad Thai. The absolute best. The service we have is impeccable. Our waiter remembers everything from our drinks to hoe much lemon I like. Highly recommend

Reviewed April 15, 2018

I tend to avoid hotel dining rooms. Why eat in one, especially in a city like Toronto which has so many terrific restaurants? But it had been a long day, it was late, and we decided to just relax at the hotel. The meal was a wonderful surprise! First, some very delicious cocktails. Then a meal of pumpkin gnocchi and a glass of red wine. Just the right amount of food, really enjoyable, and not overpriced! I have to confess that we went back the following night, because we wanted to try some other things on the menu - the duck breast and the black cod. Again, both were cooked just right. I must add that the service was excellent as well.