“Slooooow service to large group”
Review of Rosewater

Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Adelaide
Transit: The Rosewater is two short blocks east and one north of King subway station
Description: Minutes from Toronto's Financial and Theatre districts, Rosewater offers a fresh and unique dining experience. From the intimate setting of the upper mezzanine level, which overlooks the main dining room, to the self-contained supper club on the lower level, this building lends an air of romance and casual decadence when dining on a fusion of modern classics.Rosewater is host to a variety of functions including business lunches/dinners, cocktail receptions and any special events.
Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

We had a business Christmas dinner in a private downstairs room.
We arrived at 6:30 and it was almost 11 by the time we got coffee and dessert.
They served crab to my wife, who had notified them in advance of a seafood allergy, and reminded the waiter when she sat down.
The food and wine was OK, nothing special.The waiter seemed to be trying but somehow the food was not getting put on our table.
The room was done in white,with a white tiled floor. It had all the warmth and cosiness of a public washroom. This made it difficult to have a conversation. We would never go back.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

My husband and I attended, for the first time, on a Saturday night. The restaurant was not busy (which for a Saturday evening should have been an indicator not to bother). There was a small company Christmas party going on that was quite loud, but the restaurant was not packed at all. Our server was very friendly. The arugula salad was a well-sized portion and was very good. Our main courses, however, were not. We both ordered the steak. I had mine with the lobster. One word: TASTELESS. It was terrible. So tasteless, in fact, that we both scrambled to get the salt so that we could somehow improve the taste. Even with the added salt, I couldn't finish my steak, and I NEVER, leave my steak unfinished. But I couldn't force myself to eat it. There was nothing special about the lobster. I drowned it in their butter and it was ok. The sautéed potatoes and goat cheese were bland, too. I may have taken one bite of them. We chose not to take a gamble on dessert after being so overly disappointed with our steaks. We will not go back.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

We went to Rosewater on Sat Nov 7th, and the restaurant was not superbly busy. We ordered lamb chops (medium rare) and their raw Tuna dish. Both dishes were over cooked. The lamb chops were well done, and there was nothing raw about the raw Tuna. However the eggplant that came with the lamb chops was uncooked and uneatable. These dishes should not be served in any restaurant. let alone a place that charges such prices. Will never go back.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

Nothing special about this place except the decor. Feels passe and out of sync with today's Toronto. Would not go back.

Reviewed 24 September 2015

Every restaurant has an off-night and maybe last night was Rosewater's turn. The experience was bad. The restaurant was not very busy but our table of 4 was seated next to a table of 15 that had already been served their entrees. The acoustics are horrible and our party could barely hear each other. No one took a drink order in the 15 minutes we waited for our dinner companions and then we waited another 15 minutes before anyone came to our table. The service did not get any better as we waited & waited for drinks/food. I have 'never' sent a meal back but sent the over-cooked, tasteless, tough lamb back, replaced it with a steak that was favourful but less than top quality cut of meat. The potatoes with goat cheese were delicious as was the sorbet dessert. There were 4 servers on duty for a third-filled restaurant but we still waited-waited-waited, would have ordered more wine, but could not find a server and finally just gave up. We will not return.

Liberty G, Public Relations Manager at Rosewater, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Hello M F,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. And secondly, please allow us to apologize for your less than satisfactory experience. We always strive to achieve the best quality in food and experience for all of our guests. We have shared your comments with our General Manager and Executive Chef so that we may approve upon ourselves. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We hope that in time you may visit us again to allow us the opportunity to improve your opinion of us.

Please enjoy the rest of your week.
All the best,