“Nice Food”

The David Duncan House
Reserve with OpenTable
The David Duncan House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #418 of 9,683 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here with my family.
Not your normal Toronto restaurant but kinda classy .. nice food nice service would definately return.

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Visited for the first time, great ambience, fair service, reasonably priced. Average cost for a main meal is 25-35, drinks and dessert not included.

Reviewed July 11, 2018

Our beloved restaurant o more than 40 years has changed. More waiters. Less food. New patio service. More cost. Everything is a la carte. Portions are oversized - to justify the price? Dinner for two was over $200 with a cocktail and a glass of wine each We cannot invite friends to join us because of the expensive meals. Change is hard and the new minimum wage may have been a reason for changing owners but it will be very difficult to get return customers. So sad.

4  Thank Lou093
Reviewed July 5, 2018

My husband and I have been regulars for decades at this restaurant. This was our first time to return since new management have taken over. Unfortunately tonight was our last night at Duncan House. There were 3 of us having dinner. We paid $59.00 for 3 Caesar salads (table side). The escargot was lukewarm. The bread was terrible. Our steaks were good but the sides (veggie or potato) were 10.00 each. No longer are patrons provided with complimentary pickles, olives and garlic bread when you are seated. We were served by one of the former owner’s servers and that was one of the blessings of the dinner.
We often had gone to Duncan House with 2 other couples who have decided (based on our opinion) that they will not be returning. It is truly a shame that the new owners have significantly raised the prices on all items...several of which are not anywhere near the quality of the former owner.
When we relayed our disappointment to the manager, he was curt, bordering on rude and defensive.

5  Thank carolyncz
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I visited this restaurant in April for a friend's birthday. The place is historical and has a nice atmosphere but like a lot of restaurants, they need to be able to make some gluten-free substitutions. I had the salmon which was tasty but packed with garlic..not for me. My fault...I should have asked..but sometimes I get tired and don't want to attract too much attention. Looks like they are doing renovations soon so maybe the menu will be revamped too.

1  Thank ccmdiva