“Not Worth the Line”

Ranked #3 of 190 Dessert in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

Bang Bang is a good ice cream place, but it's not worth the line, simple as that.

I appreciate that they take credit card and cash- many places their size would totally go for the "cash only" option, so that's nice. But my ice cream experience itself was subpar.

I got two scoops in a cup. I tried the burnt toffee and the lychee rosewater. The types of flavors that they offer are pretty unique, and the two I tried tasted great.

And this would absolutely have been a four star review, but after enjoying my burnt toffee scoop (which was the one on top), I discovered that about a third of my lychee rosewater scoop was a solid orb of ice. I get it- that's what ice cream is partially, especially the house-made kinds. But this was a legit, very large ice cube of frozen fruit/water that clearly wasn't blended in well. I tried to eat it and suck on it and break it up with my mini plastic spoon and eventually just gave up.

This is an ice cream store and this situation I 'endured' wasn't the end of the world. But after waiting in line for 20 minutes, I did expect better.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I have tasted a lot of ice cream in my life and this one is the BEST! Ice cream made in small batches is worth it for sure. This place was off the beaten path but it was really good. I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose. I highly recommend the ice cream sandwiches!

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Came here midday on a Saturday and they had three vegan ice creams to choose from (vanilla, chocolate, Pina colada) and two vegan cookies (almost everything and a blueberry). I went with the almost everything with a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of Pina colada.

I'll start off by saying I really enjoyed the cookie. It was fresh, chewy, soft but also a little crisp and tasty. The ice cream however was a little underwhelming. It seemed to lack the richness and creaminess of other vegan ice creams I've tried despite it having a coconut base. I found the pina colada flavour to be a little too much on the sour side.

Also considering the amount of flavours offered I was a little disappointed to only see three that were vegan while two of them were just vanilla and chocolate.

I went with a friend who had the regular ice cream though and she was really impressed.

So definitely not the worst, but not the best either. Would probably still return though, and kudos for having vegan options.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Ice cream and baked goods are all amazing. Everything is made in house. Waffle cones made to order.
Lines can be long but well worth the wait.
Definately pay for the quality and the quality is great

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

It's so goood. LOve this flavour so much. Best icecream and exotic. Not so sweet. Icecream taste like Ube icecream.