“Yumei is yummy”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: East End
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Once or twice a week at Yumei for me. *****, that's a 5 star for me which doesn't come easily. Very warm and friendly and the portions leave you very satisfied. An absolute must try when in the beaches, you'll be glad you came.

There are newer reviews for Yumei Sushi Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed 22 September 2012

It's in the heart of the Beaches, and definitely one of the best restaurants in the area, as well as one of the best Japanese restaurants in the city. I just came back from having seafood soup with buckwheat noodles -- whenever I feel i'm about to get a cold, I go for that. My wife had fresh water eel, which was also scrumptious. The senior chef and owner is a wonderful guy, very chatty if he has time and very accepting and friendly with childen. It's a pleasure to watch the staff work behind the counter with such artistry and dedication to excellence.The beer and red wine selection could be better; that's the best I can do for constructive suggestions.--wayne

Reviewed 16 March 2012

The owner is also the chef, and he hand selects his sushi, it is the best I have had that I can say for sure! I really don't want to say anything about Yumei Sushi and keep it to myself,but that would be selfish. The staff are always awesome too, don't go their for a quick bite, take your time, enjoy yourself, they do not like to be rushed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 8 June 2008

Good value, bento boxes & private booths

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook