“A Taste of Greece in Toronto”
Review of Mamakas

Mamakas
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamakas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 8,898 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Friendly staff, wonderful ambiance, great food, small comfortable setting. We had the House dips with homemade pita, lamb chops and finished with homemade baklava. Excellent. The very friendly and helpful waitress recommended a Greek red wine to accompany our meal from a wine list with lots of Greek wines we had never heard of and it was very good.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

We loved the food here. Small-ish menu, designed for plate sharing. The homemade pita is a standout! Most of the seating is bar seating. We will be back.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

From start to finish everything was wonderful. Our server was knowledge & friendly. They print their menu daily, have local & imported from Greece options. We started with the halloumi with Ontario strawberries and the spanakopita (HIGHLY recommend); both were delectable. We shared the lamb, which comes on a bed of tzatziki and a tabbouleh which all was so, so perfect; the pita we also ordered was like a cloud and was a perfect match for the lamb. The wine we ordered went to well with the food, and we had no problem finishing the bottle and every last morsel! Would definitely recommend for a sharing meal with a friend or date; great service, space and outstanding food.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Wow from start to finish! This food was INCREDIBLE! Honestly, the roasted chicken may have been some of the juiciest well flavored chicken I've ever had. Usually chicken can be a safe dish that doesn't always standout next to the likes of lamb, beef or whole roasted fish, but this dish came to play! It was scrumptious. The wines are all from Greece and the server helped us pick a lovely bottle based on what I usually go for with wine. The spanikopita was not that run of mill kind, it was a full blown artsy pastry made with so much care and technique. The meze style dips were well flavored. Definite shout outs to the eggplant and roasted red pepper ones. Those really stood out. And OMFG the pita bread that's made in house is a carb lovers dream! Holy moly this was unreal! Honestly it was a superb meal and I would love to dine here again!

Reviewed 12 May 2017

I was about cancel my reservation because of the number of calls I received to re-confirm my reservation and because of the two hour seating policy. But I really wanted to try this place out, and I'm very glad I did. We were the first ones to enter the restaurant followed by a large crowd who waiting at the door just before 5.30pm. Few minutes after we sat the restaurant was packed!!!!. The quality and the freshness of the food was really unmatched. Not a souvlaki dinner place definitely. (Thank God). My partner had a Pan-seared Greek cheese Saganaki followed by a Rack of Lamb cooked to perfection served on a bed of Tzaziki with herbs which was to die for. I started with a grilled octopus on a lemony Santorini Fava spread Followed by boneless grilled Branzino opened like a butterfly with capers lemon & a drizzled of olive oil that really was outstanding. It really won my heart & my palate. For dessert I had a baklava with honey Ice cream. The service was very friendly, fast, and attentive. The server recommended a nice bottle of wine.... and we were in greek heaven!!!!... I want to go back