“Fun... but with strangers?”
Review of LockQuest - CLOSED

LockQuest
More attraction details
Owner description: LockQuest is the most fun escape the room game in Toronto. Our current game, Escape the Book Club killer, sees you and your friends trapped in the home of a madman. Sort out clues from kitsch in a pulp fiction-themed apartment to find the key and escape before the book club killer comes home!
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 15 July 2015

I've played many escape games before, in Europe and a handful here as well and got hooked. Lockquest was the escape game I enjoyed the least by far, unfortunately. The concept and puzzles were well done, I like how it was theme related, but playing with strangers made my group and myself very uncomfortable. It was very awkward for my team and I, it made our trip a poor experience, especially after playing at so many wonderful escape games.

Fun puzzles, but poor experience.

3  Thank Jude N
LockQuest, Owner at LockQuest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2015

Hi, Jude! I'm sorry to hear that while you enjoyed the game, playing with a blended team had such an impact on your experience. For any booking, players can request that we block off the remaining unsold seats if they're uncomfortable meeting new people at LockQuest. I apologize if that wasn't clear. Please allow me to follow up with you privately so that we can address your concern.

- Ryan

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

This was my, and most of my friends', first time at an escape room, and it was brilliant! Don't be afraid, it's a really fun, immersive, friendly game, and the hosts were really fun and entertaining. Everyone will have a blast, go and enjoy!

1  Thank Reykjavikk
Reviewed 30 May 2015

I had an absolute blast. I went with a group of 7 friends, most of whom have never done an escape room. The hosts were fun, friendly and welcoming. They went through the rules and explained the basics of how everything will work before we started and gave a nice debriefing at the end.

Once we were in the rooms, it was an absolutely exhilarating hour of solving puzzles, finding things in odd places and putting known facts together. The puzzles were great. Some were really easy, some were challenging. All were logical and doable, nothing super obscure or anything that would require external knowledge. You really just need your brain and some decent observation skills.

It is definitely a group activity. There are so many things to do, you need multiple people working simultaneously on different things. Communication is key, we all needed each other's brains to succeed and frequently solved puzzles together. I will never forget the feeling of pure triumph when we opened the door with only a few minutes to spare.

I will be keeping an eye out for their next adventure!

2  Thank NotIndianaJones
Reviewed 30 May 2015

Excellent variety of puzzles, all very theme related. Teamwork and communication are key to successl, and we just a great time overall. Loved being with a large group...it made it more playful. Loved it being so subway accessible. Hosts were friendly, personable and attentive.

Reviewed 23 May 2015 via mobile

What a fantastic experience!

I brought my wife and her friends to LockQuest as a birthday surprise (yes I still give my wife birthday surprises, even in our 40s). This was our second escape room that day and I have to say that we were very impressed and enjoyed ourselves more at LockQuest than at Escape Games. From the time we walked in the door, to when we left, the gang at LockQuest were pleasant, engaging and entertaining. It was obvious they took pride in providing their clients with an exciting experience.

The game itself was well executed and the puzzles were occasionally complex but not so obscure that they would have been impossible to solve. The design of the room and props used were all very realistic with a good mix of high tech and old school book smarts needed. Nothing scary or dismal, dirty and dark about this room. It was clean, bright and actually felt like we were locked in some stranger's apartment.

I'm so tempted to go back even though I know all the secrets. You should go instead!

2  Thank P-fou