“Awesomely delicious Zurek soup”
Review of Cafe Polonez

Cafe Polonez
Ranked #14 of 9,812 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed October 31, 2018

Café Polonez is my favourite restaurant for Polish cuisine. I’ve had many of the menu offerings, and to date have loved them all. I’ve come here for business meetings and to dine with friends. The staff is very friendly, helpful, quick and accommodating. For example, most entrees come with three salads as standard. I sometimes ask that I get a double portion of one, instead of another. They make the change at no cost. The meal portions are generous. Although at many restaurants, I don’t eat the bread, at Café Polonez I almost always have a slice or two of the delicious, fresh rye bread. There is a slight charge for substituting potato pancakes for the potatoes, and I usually make this substitution and also ask for an extra portion of sour cream for the potato pancake. My favourite is the Zurek (aka, white borsch) [soup]; it is very delicious. I love this sour tasting soup.

As it is in the heart of the Polish district on Roncesvalles Ave, often after dining, I’ll walk on Roncesvalles and buy other foods, such as pastries and meats from other vendors.

Date of visit: October 2018
4  Thank KodoDrummer

Reviewed October 26, 2018

This is my second time here and i ate always Schnitzel, with mushrroms, tripe soup is well too. The washroom is downstairs.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

I just love going to this restaurant. The schnitzel is fantastic and the perogies are delicious, a must have every time we go there. The service is always friendly and the portions are great. Highly recommend this place if you truly want to try or enjoy polish food.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed September 27, 2018

I ate here with a friend for lunch. We ordered a variety of perogies plus the cabbage meal to share.

They were all very delicious and I would definitely visit again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This is the place - Great Polish Food. Come hungry as you will want to try it all. Soups are great. Pierogi and Potatoe Pancakes are delish.

Date of visit: August 2018