“Good food :)”

Ranked #653 of 8,466 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Grill, Healthy, Canadian, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: East End
Description: Join us at our Mediterranean Grill in the heart of the Beaches Neighbourhood, Toronto. We serve an array of diverse flavours and feature a vast menu serving anything from brunch to steak, seafood, huge salads and sandwhiches, pasta, stir-frys and our legendary schnitzel and kebabs. There is something for everybody at our restaurant. Our guests also enjoy pairing their entrees with our beautiful cocktails, Bellinis and Coladas and wine. We host parties for large groups and also offer take-out. We are a walking distance to the boardwalk and ttc street car and bus accessible with street parking available.
Thornhill, Canada
“Good food :)”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The food was very tasty, parking was a bit of a hassle but overall good place!

• Visited March 2011

Kingston, Canada
“Great Restaurant in The Beaches !”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My family and I have been to this restaurant a number of times for Sunday brunch, which has always been great. The staff is friendly and the restaurant is very bright and colourful, hip and trendy. . The food is very good and the service is great.
Recently, my wife and I stopped at the Green Eggplant for lunch, for the first time. We thought the breakfast was great, but the lunch was fantastic!
I ordered the Schnitzel sandwich and it came with a large Caesar salad and .bread with 3 spreads ,hummus, eggplant and tzaiki. I was almost
full by the time the sandwich arrived. I should have waited! The sandwich was so big that I took pictures of it with my iPhone.
I ate half of it and told the waitress that I would come back the next day to eat the rest of it. Besides being huge it was very good. My dog loved it too!
The restaurant is reasonably priced and very clean. Don't miss it if you're in this part of town.

• Visited August 2011
Delta, Canada
“Downhill from last year.”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Very dissapointed. Last time (one year ago) was great and this time everything was bland.

Visited August 2011
Toronto, Canada
“Extremely disappointed”
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I lived in the Beaches neighbourhood for over twelve years now. Being a creature of habit, I usually tend to go to the same restaurants, where I'm certain of the quality of the food and the service. Once in a while I tend to experience, after all that's the only way to discover new and interesting things.
Seeing how busy the Green Eggplant is on the weekends, deciding to try it was a given. I went there with my wife and we were both extremely excited.
We arrived at 1.20pm and were promptly greeted by the hostess who found us a nice table by the window. The table was a little dirty, with the streaks of the wet cloth used to clean it...

The restaurant was busy but I don't think that it justifies the fact that it took 15minutes for the server to greet and come to our table. I ordered a filet mignon sandwich and my wife selected a white wine salmon with mashed potatoes. The order took 25minutes to be prepared.

The bread of my burger was dry and felt old. The filet mignon was average and the sweet potato fries were ok at its best.

My wife' salmon was undercooked, bland and had an exorbitant amount of sauce.

We were extremely disappointed with the quality, especially considering that for these two dishes the bill came up to a total of $40.00.

By the way, even the bill took 10minutes to arrive... I seriously doubt that after this experience that we'll be returning or even recommending the place.

• Visited April 2011
“Great food and prices had the surf and...”
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Great food and prices had the surf and turf and chef made it exactly how i ordered it !