“Love George forever ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️+❤️”
Review of GEORGE Restaurant

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: Queen and Church
Transit: We are located at 111C Queen Street East, between Church and Jarvis on the south side of Queen. The closest subway stop is Queen. George is about a ten minute walk east from the station.
Description: Under the culinary leadership of award-winning Executive Chef Lorenzo Loseto, GEORGE has become a top-rated and best restaurant for the city of Toronto’s fine dining. Chef Loseto is widely regarded as one of the best restaurant chefs in the country today. Known for creating globally inspired dishes, GEORGE’s seasonally sourced menus promise intriguing and memorable dishes for the most discerning palates. Available as à la carte or tasting menus, GEORGE also offers vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. For toasty outdoor dining, our heated patio is weather-protected and equipped with blankets and cozy sheepskin. Join us for dinner Tuesday through Saturday for a safe and spacious outdoor dining experience.
Reviewed August 11, 2020 via mobile

Love George forever ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️+❤️
Five course dinner.

Food is always good . See you next time . Cheers

1  Thank 20,130,124
Write a reviewReviews (804)

Reviewed August 9, 2020

Because of Covid, we haven’t been dining out, but it was my husband’s birthday and Stage three in Ontario ushered in the opening of restaurants. Even so, George has a patio so we booked. And it was fantastic. The patio is quiet, private and tables were placed at least 3’ apart. I started with the lobster. As always, each mouthful is an opportunity to remind your senses how wonderful food can be, replete with flavours that colalesce in new and unusual ways. My husband’s tuna was rare but slightly warm, the Color gorgeous, the centre of an unimaginable bouquet of textures and tastes. We followed with the duck that was wrapped around a pastry of mushrooms. Again , you want to eat slowly, finding every hint, every suggestion of ingredients that are fresh and flavourful. He had wild boar and a magnificent agnolotti, wishing there had been another. For desert my deconstructed butter tart with cherries was the perfect ending to our celebration. He had lemon meringue that he also fully enjoyed.

The menu has been pared down drastically with fewer offerings in each category. Yet the bar menu is as expansive as always.My rheisling was excellent, his cocktail beautiful.

The chef here is a magician , knowing how and what to combine. We keep coming back and George never disappoints.

Reviewed August 7, 2020

Went to celebrate a belated bday. We went with the 5 course tasting menu. The food was very creative and tasted great. The service was top notch too. The patio is beautiful and very relaxed atmosphere. The only comment I have about the food is the over use of mint. Mint was in all the dishes, and as I am not a huge fan of mint so for me it ruined the experience a little. The food was still delicious, and I recommend George

Reviewed August 4, 2020 via mobile

Cool place for dinner and some drinks if you are looking a nice dinner and nice music just stop by here

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed February 24, 2020

We just celebrated a dinner I planned for my cousins bachelorette. Where do I start? We were 14 and they suggested the Sand Room which was lovely (and Private which was fantastic for this size group). Our servers Chris & Alex were such a joy to have as our personal servers and professional at the same time! I would highly recommend them. The ambiance was warm and elegant and happy. The Food: Our prefixed menu was spectacular. The beef tenderloin and ahi tuna were to die for!!! I would go back just for that. The portions were just the right amount, and the flavors were fresh and fabulous. All in all, it was a fantastic night and I am so glad we went with this restaurant.

Date of visit: February 2020