“Amazing service and food”
Review of Stelvio

Stelvio
Reserve with OpenTable
Stelvio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 9,387 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Reviewed February 26, 2017

Service exceeds expectations (thank you Rodrigo!). Food is tasty. Ambiance is great.

Service: I contacted Stelvio to book a birthday party for my girlfriend. They were extremely accommodating and quick to reply through email and phone. They created a customized menu according to our group's tastes and budget, and finally printed out a unique dinner menu with her name on it. They made her feel very special on her birthday. Waiters and waitresses were very patient with our large group, and accommodated a few last minute changes without issue (thank you!).

Food: 5 appetizers (assorted delis, assorted cheeses, meatballs, salad, polenta fries) between 6 people, and a choice between 3 mains (risottos and pastas), plus self-brought cake (no cake plating fee whaaat!) and house coffee/tea for $25. Everything was delicious, and very filling.

At the end of the night, Rodrigo invited my girlfriend and I to try traditional Italian liquors on the house, simply because he wanted us to experience a bit more of his culture (amaro nonno - so delicious!). Felt extremely welcomed and enjoyed our dinner immensely. Will return for sure.

4  Thank Beenooo

Reviewed February 25, 2017

We stopped here for dinner during our day trip in Toronto, and it was pretty good. We got the Taroz appetizer, gorgonzola gnocchi, pomodoro gnocchi, mushroom sauce pasta, and polenta toast. The wine we got was excellent, as was the Taroz appetizer, the gnocchis, and the gorgonzola sauce. Everything else was kind of bland and left something to be desired. Nothing was terribly bad; but nothing besides the wine, the appetizer, the gnocchis, and the gorgonzola sauce was any good either. It just left a lot to be desired. The polenta toast was thick "slices" of polenta with very little filling; the pomodoro sauce was a very basic marinara, and the mushroom sauce pasta was good, but could've incorporated more ingredients. I expected it to be better than it was.

The service, however, was excellent.

1  Thank sargar69
Reviewed February 15, 2017

Very cool place, vegetarian options. My favourite spot for Italian food
Also great location on Queen West

2  Thank Frances S
Reviewed February 5, 2017

I've eaten in other Italian restaurant in Toronto, but Stelvio is one of the best restaurant I've tried. I often go there to eat when I get a chance. So far, I'v tried gnocchi, tagliatelle, pizzoccari, and anytime I can taste the fresh pasta. Also, the staff are really nice and friendly. I strongly reccommend for whom wants to try real Italian food.

2  Thank Stefano C
Reviewed February 4, 2017

We went because of excellent reviews given by diners, but were disappointed. This may be because Northern Italian cuisine tends to be heavy and vegetable poor. We had the pizzacheria? and an antipasti plate to start. You are given lots of bread as well as olive oil for dipping and olives as you are seated.
The food colors were generally rather bland and the descriptions led to disappointment when the dish came out. One outstanding dish was the risotto and osso bucca, which i would highly recommend. The dessert which we all selected was a crespelle - which is a crepe that rolls up around a chocolate and hazelnut filling. The chocolate was good, but I am not a fan of whole hazelnuts.
The red wine that was suggested to accompany the meal was good, although somewhat pricey at $75 per bottle. The room which is made up of benches of varying lengths was well lit. The art work is interesting stencils of different animals and signs. The artist is the tattoo artist who has done much work on one of the co-owners, an interesting discussion point. Our server, originally from Northern Burma was courteous, attentive and professional.

2  Thank elaine3Southport