“Meat, Meat, Meat!”

Copacabana Brazilian Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Copacabana Brazilian Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #220 of 8,467 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$26 - US$37
Cuisines: Latin, Barbecue, Steakhouse, Brazilian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Transit: Yonge & Eglinton subway station
Description: Authentic Brazilian Rodizio. Immerse yourself in the culture through delectable eats, incredible cocktails and the best in live entertainment. There are no average nights at CopaCabana.Copacabana is a unique and exciting concept with a storied history deeply rooted in Brazilian culture. Our focus on superior food quality, exceptional service and an exciting dining experience for every guest is how we create lasting memories for our guests with every visit.Indulge with over 20 cuts of perfectly seasoned and grilled meats along with a full buffet, pasta and salad bar to satisfy every appetite. We pair mouthwatering food with an invigorating atmosphere.
Toronto
“Meat, Meat, Meat!”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I've read some bad/mediocre reviews on this place, but really we had a great experience. We had reservations for 6pm on a Wednesday, but got there around 6:30. Since it was a weekday evening, we got seated right away. The restaurant wasn't crowded either which meant that the meat came around faster and the salad bad wasn't packed with people. About the meat- really really good. I am not one to complain when it comes to meat so maybe I am just very easy to please- but myself and my dinner companions all agreed it was tasty. The grilled pineapple and corn muffins are amazing too. The staff were friendly and attentive, and there was a Brazilian dancer who entertained us which was neat. No doubt I'd come back here again when the meat craving hits!

• Visited January 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Delicious food, fantastic service!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We went to the Copacabana on a Saturday night with another couple. We had to wait nearly an hour to be seated, but the wait was certainly worth it! The open buffet section was lovely, but the trademark of the Copacabana is when the servers come around with the skewers of perfectly-barbequed meats and specialties. Everything was mouth-wateringly delicious! They even accommodated our meat preferences, i.e. one of us preferred medium-rare meat, while another preferred medium-well. One of my favourite specialties of the night was the cinnamon-roasted pineapple -- that's a treat that musn't be missed! The live samba dancers provided excellent entertainment while we ate, and we loved the live music. We'll definitely be going back to Copacabana -- we can't wait!

Toronto, Canada
“pricey for what you're getting”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I read some of the other reviews.
The service was very good.
Never waited long for anything incl. drinks.I had a number of the servers ask if there was anything I wanted again or didn't see yet. I missed one I would have wanted but there was no more room in my body to put it.
The salad + other things bar is so/so (Seafood rice is awful / pasta was good, salad was good). Don't fill up there.
The food served at the table is good and you can eat whatever / or how much you want.
The problem is that while the food is good most of it isn't great.
At $43/person + drinks + tax + tip this restaurant is at the upper end in nice restaurant pricing. I could have an excellent steak with all the trimmings for this price.

Where this restaurant wins in the comparison is that this is a fun place to go.
The eating with the sliced meat at your table is different and fun.
The place was packed on the Sat. we went. We waited 30-45min.
It's noisy with a DJ playing music. At about 9:30pm dancers and some guys who I can't honestly tell you what they were doing since I was watching these very nice skimpy dressed girls dance. They come right up to your table.
We had a lot of fun so this restaurant should not be compared stricktly on food.
If you want to go to a fun restaurant with good food (and plenty of it) this is the place.
If you want just great food about the same price go to a fancy restaurant.
I wouldn't rush back (Been there done that) but I would go back in the future.
Overall I don't think you will be disappointed.
FYI only reservations for 6 or more.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank wasntme58
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Last on my list”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Do not go there if you are expecting a combination of good food and service. Service is one of the worst I've seen. Food is average. Salad bar does not have a good selection but is ok.

1 Thank SingleMomWithTwo
Toronto
“Something Different!”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This is a different restaurant experience and food is fantastic.....go hungry!