“Neighbourhood Groceries ”
Review of Whole Foods

Whole Foods
Ranked #653 of 9,819 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: North York
Description: Welcome to your North York, ON Whole Foods Market! Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market is the leading retailer of natural and organic foods, the first national "Certified Organic" grocer, and uniquely positioned as America's Healthiest Grocery Store™.
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

Whole Foods is our closest neighbourhood grocery store. Although prices are generally higher, so is the quality. Lots of free samples to try new items.
Very busy cafeteria and hot table area. Convenient for the nearby condos.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed February 4, 2018

Why anyone would dine here is a mystery. But it seems as if the latest thing is to eat in a food store. OK, that is what we did, trying some salads and pizza slices. The salad was crispy and not exciting, despite the addition of a few toppings. Perhaps we chose the wrong one. The pizza was dried out and rather bland as well.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed October 6, 2017

The only parking is below in a garage -- you have to buy a minimum of $15 worth of food to park free. Well, of course, it's not hard to spend $15 there! I didn't think the produce looked any better than other supermarkets, although everything was more expensive. I looked at all the prepared foods and to spend my $15, I bought three small containers. This gave us a taste of all three and I didn't care for any of them. I won't be going back there. However, it's right by a subway station in the midst of many condos so I imagine there are young people who are very happy to buy there after work instead of going home to cook.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed July 29, 2017

What I liked:
1. Great salad bar – there are always good options when you want something vegetarian.
2. Lots of fresh and organic choices
3. Environmentally conscious
4. Seating is available to eat in the store and there is also a smaller restaurant with pizza and other stuff

What can be improved:
1. Compared to other places, this is pricey
2. Quite frankly, I find the cashiers and staff in regular supermarkets friendlier than this Yonge street location. One cashier actually argued with me about whether or not I need a bag! Considering, my bill came to $40 for two meals and two small items – I wasn’t impressed.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

Funny enough you can get loads of take out foods, delicious soups, salads, etc, but not a good bagel and cream cheese.
When I inquired I was told they just don't have it. They have bagels and cream cheese separate, but it is not offered over the counter with coffee! Really? People get with the program, bagels and cream cheese is an stable at every breakfast, try a variety of bagels, match them up with salmon, herb and garlic cream cheese, plain, etc. You are missing a business opportunity!
That is a big disappointment, for everything else this place rocks. A bit expensive but fresh and delicious. Try the almond croissants and carrot muffins- simply amazing!

Date of visit: March 2017
2  Thank Oscar R

Been to Whole Foods? Share your experiences!