“The Kitschiest Kitchen in the West (end)”
Review of Albatros Pub

Albatros Pub
Ranked #1,758 of 9,767 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed February 14, 2017

First - the Polish food here is hearty, filling and delicious! But the reason I keep going back is to bask in the glory of the decor. Albatros Pub does it up for the holidays - be it Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, or Hallowe'en. From floor to ceiling, every inch of the place is covered with the appropriate seasonal symbols. Some might call it cheesy - but I love it!

This is a great place to take a bunch of friends - as they have massive tables (though the restaurant itself isn't huge). Last time I was there, we fit 9 comfortably in the booth, and the service was excellent (even for a group of chatty ladies!!!!) Sooo much charm. In the past I've ordered the perogies, the potato pancakes and the dinner platter - all great. Their salads are amazing too!

Date of visit: February 2017

Reviewed December 29, 2016

My husband suggested we take my mom to the Albatros and I said, the bar? And he said no the restaurant. So off we went and it was delicious food, not fast service so you know care is taken with the food. The beet salad was fantastic. My only complaint, and this is my issue, but the server wore a lot of perfume and the resulting headache took away some enjoyment of the meal. Otherwise, staff were friendly, the decorations were great and we will come back again as the pricing was very reasonable.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 16, 2016 via mobile

How do I know it's fresh you might ask?

I could hear them pounding my chicken breast in the back right after I ordered the chicken schnitzel.

The chicken schnitzel was lean, and very flavourful. Yes it was deep fried, as were my "roasted" potatoes. Perhaps this was why it was so fast? The veggies under my chicken were delicious, seasoned perfectly with a little spicy heat to it. It was accompanied with two side salads- one was coleslaw -meh! Then a beet/kidney bean salad of yumminess! I could have eaten double of that... but let's be real the total portion was so huge it would not have been possible. Thankfully my husband helped me eat my dinner. He ordered the Caesar salad (Yes, silly man! Really in a Polish pub I thought!) This menu choice is not recommended. The dressing was not creamy or plentiful- probably the worst Caesar salad he's had.

I've attached pics of the menu and meal and unbelievable decor. I honestly don't think they could hang any more Christmas decorations!!

The friendly, neighbouring dinner stated he felt they had the best schnitzel in Etobicoke-I will not argue with that wise man.

Did I mention they have the LARGEST booths I have ever seen!!!! You could easily fit two families at one table.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 5, 2016

We have come to this place over and over, so many times, I have lost count. The service is great and the staff already know what we like the moment we walk in the door, yet nothing is ever taken for granted, they always greet us with the menu at hand and always make sure of want we want to order: the Albatros Schnitzel is fantastic!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed August 8, 2016

We like to go to Albatross when in the mood for some homemade comfort food- and this place consistently delivers. Perogis, liver and onions and schnitzel are our favs. Their beet salad is divine. I recently discovered their poutine which is very good! Sometimes their service can be slow if they are full up, so be prepared for a little bit of a wait on busy weekends especially during holiday seasons. Speaking of holidays, this restaurant goes all out with decorations on holidays- every square inch is covered and it is quite the effect! The mood inside is unique and intimate without feeling dressy.

Date of visit: August 2016