“Very expensive”

Ranked #3,279 of 9,690 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The staff and management used to be friendly and the prices were reasonable but towards the end of the year, they are unsmiling and the prices became too expensive. You can see the drop in clients as many leave and choose a better and moderate restaurant.

1  Thank bohlang

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Food is good, however service is the worst we have ever received. We arrived at 530 on Saturday Nov 25th. 4 adults with a baby. They kicked us out at 7 while we were still eating, and one server with glasses told us: "Are you guys ok?. We have a long lineup and we have a seating limit (what does that even means?) You can order the last round." ( Notice. He didn't even apologize to it)

And by 718 we were out. Funny thing was, the table with 5 adults at the next table who arrived earlier than us didn't receive such treatment. For that. We will never go back no matter how good the food is.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I just came back from Ichiban, and have to compliment the chefs. The kitchen items are very good. The sushi is not quite as good as the kitchen items, so I can't give them five stars. In particular, I like the variety of ways they cook chicken and beef. I also enjoyed the soup, salad and desert bars.

Having recently called another restaurant, the most boring looking AYCE restaurant that I have ever been in, I have to say that this place is a treat for the eyes

I can't make an objective statement about the service. Since I have been in so many AYCE restaurants over the years, I am never surprised when I run inter a familiar server. I had not been there for some time, but today, I was greeted warmly by a server who had previously worked at Heart Sushi in Mississauga The manager (ex Sushi Legend and 168 Sushi Vaughn) complemented me on having lost weight.

One final comment. I thought that my meal was underpriced and was thus excellent value.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We saw a sign for Asian buffet, but there was no buffet tables or counters. Instead, the orders went to the kitchen from the menu and shortly the food arrived. Just prepared, fresh, hot, tasty, and well-presented. We really enjoyed our visit there.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

Place depends on who is on duty. If the manager is on duty with enough staff , they are efficient but if his deputy is on and few helpers, then there is a mess.However, he really tried his best when there was a group booking and i understood it was beyond his control when it was really noisy and most of the tour group were entirely seniors that had problems ordering with the tablet.
Quality was very good and fast but remember, you are paying $16 for the lunch ayce. For some,it may be $$$$$$ but then the quality is good - excellent. There were some , just average but all in all, i am 80 % happy with it. If it was a quiet day, then the cooks could cope better and the quality and speed would improve.
Given time, i see a good future for this place.