“Good variety of food”

Ranked #3,280 of 9,692 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is located inside the Splendid China Mall, across from Pacific Mall, on the south east side of Steeles and Kennedy.

The price for the buffet is reasonable...1/2 off to the birthday boy/girl. And they also give a free grilled lobster tail to the birthday boy/girl. The deal is good during their birthday month.

I expected the restaurant to be big since it was an All-U-Eat sushi restaurant. Boy was I wrong! The restaurant is a good size, which makes sense that they are able to offer more variety than some places.

They have a small salad bar where you can get your own seaweed salad, jellyfish salad, mango salad, etc. They also have a soup station and a small dessert station where they have jello, puddings and dessert soups.

When you are seated they give you an iPad to pick your food. We went on a weekend for dinner so they had a lot more selection like lamb chops, lamb kabob, scallop sashimi, shrimp sashimi...just to name a few. I was very impressed with their selection. Some stir-fries I found it way too salty. The soups I found delicious as well as the salad bar.

Seeing that the place was small, not sure if they didn't have their AC on or high enough that we were all sweating. Hard to enjoy the dinner and company when it's too hot.

Overall, it was enjoyable, good variety, lots of selection and the food was good. Nothing stood out to say they were different and unique.

Would I go back again...possibly, not on my top list.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

The staff and management used to be friendly and the prices were reasonable but towards the end of the year, they are unsmiling and the prices became too expensive. You can see the drop in clients as many leave and choose a better and moderate restaurant.

1  Thank bohlang
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Food is good, however service is the worst we have ever received. We arrived at 530 on Saturday Nov 25th. 4 adults with a baby. They kicked us out at 7 while we were still eating, and one server with glasses told us: "Are you guys ok?. We have a long lineup and we have a seating limit (what does that even means?) You can order the last round." ( Notice. He didn't even apologize to it)

And by 718 we were out. Funny thing was, the table with 5 adults at the next table who arrived earlier than us didn't receive such treatment. For that. We will never go back no matter how good the food is.

1  Thank Susan W
Reviewed August 11, 2017

I just came back from Ichiban, and have to compliment the chefs. The kitchen items are very good. The sushi is not quite as good as the kitchen items, so I can't give them five stars. In particular, I like the variety of ways they cook chicken and beef. I also enjoyed the soup, salad and desert bars.

Having recently called another restaurant, the most boring looking AYCE restaurant that I have ever been in, I have to say that this place is a treat for the eyes

I can't make an objective statement about the service. Since I have been in so many AYCE restaurants over the years, I am never surprised when I run inter a familiar server. I had not been there for some time, but today, I was greeted warmly by a server who had previously worked at Heart Sushi in Mississauga The manager (ex Sushi Legend and 168 Sushi Vaughn) complemented me on having lost weight.

One final comment. I thought that my meal was underpriced and was thus excellent value.

Reviewed July 20, 2017

We saw a sign for Asian buffet, but there was no buffet tables or counters. Instead, the orders went to the kitchen from the menu and shortly the food arrived. Just prepared, fresh, hot, tasty, and well-presented. We really enjoyed our visit there.