“Superb!”

Price range: US$30 - US$70
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Amazing food, The freshness and flavour of each dish served was impressive .
Even the presentation of each dish was artfully arranged on the plate . Loved the chopped salad and the Wagyu beef were amonst my favs, but everthing we ordered was GREAT.
Chef David Schwartz is a creative genius! Great service, great food, great ambiance, great dining experience...5 stars all the way! Can’t wait to go back

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Had the tasting menu with 2 friends and we were all enchanted by the beauty and creativity of each plate that came out of the kitchen. The wagyu beef, Tapioca chips with caviar, jambalaya, gossamer thin sea bass with Israeli couscous and fennel vinaigrette, Keylime pie were our favorites. This is a restaurant filled to the brim with creativity and the service is professional and friendly, but not in your face. An interesting and well-thought out wine list and servers who are knowledgeable about the wines adds to the experience. And last but not least, make sure you have one of their cocktails - Inventive and utterly delicious.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank PrincessMisha
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to Omaw. It is easily our favorite restaurant.
The food is amazing. Michael is very creative with the menu. We were lucky enough to enjoy:
Turkey and dumplings (Autumn in a bowl)
Jambalya (omg)
Kobe? Steak
Tapioca
Key Lime Pie
And
The chocolate goodness (I loved it and I don't even like chocolate)

We loved everything.

They change the menu frequently and we are looking forward to seeing what they come up with when we return for my husband's birthday in November.

Service fantastic as always.

Thanks guys!!!! Love it.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed September 11, 2017

A friend needed a place to take a few of us at the last minute, and we were able to get a reservation here. We were lucky as the reviews for this place are stellar. We each had a cocktail and one was better than the next. The food is all in sharing plates. Each plate was visually stunning. The plates were so tasty. We first had the foie gras. It was small to share for 3 people, but was a perfect mouthful. I would have loved a bit more foie, but it was good. We had the sea bream which was light and refreshing - the fish was on top of light slices of melon, topped with an olive. The jambalaya balls were out of this world and their best plate. Encrusted in the crunchy shrimp powder was brilliant. I didn't know what to expect with the kale and rutabaga dish, but it was wonderful. Lastly, we had the hangar steak which was a perfect medium-rare. We shared both desserts and they were wonderful and well worth the calories! All in all, a great meal and I will definitely come back again.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed September 11, 2017

My husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary. This is a cute spot - very typical Toronto in terms of size/aesthetic. Our server was VERY friendly and explained the menu well. The bartender was on point.

There was a nice selection of cocktails and I had a bourbon based one called Georgia On My Mind. My husband is a fun of rum based drinks so the bartender came over to chat. He ended up making this fun rum drink that was on fire!

We started with the jambalaya which are basically like arancini. They were delicious, nicely spiced. After we had the ricotta agnolotti, beautiful pasta and crispy squash blossoms. Last we had the hanger steak - perfectly cooked. To finish we both had dessert, my husband had the key lime pie and I had the chocolate cake. The pie was definitely better.

Overall, a wonderful meal. Service was excellent, good atmosphere, delicious food.

Date of visit: September 2017