“One of my favourite restaurants in Toronto”
Review of Beer Bistro

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: Yonge St.
Transit: King Subway Station on the Yonge Line; King St. Street-Car service 24-hour Queen St. Street Car Service.
Reviewed June 8, 2018

I love this place. They have an amazing beer selection. The food is good too. The frites are amazing.

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Lovely restaurant - Nice food, good beer choices, pleasant outdoor sitting option and friendly accommodating staff. Would definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018

This is a great beer place, full of wonderful beers, (22 taps and 100+ bottles), marvellous frites and terrific mussels. I know, because of my Monday Mussel Madness experience. Let me explain. Ordered the special Spicy Red Thai Mussels for a very reasonable $10. (Half price Mondays) from the very affable, long time bartender, John. They were really good; mounds of mussels served with a hunk of bread. Couldn't finish despite my best efforts so I asked to take them home. No can do, he said. Health and Safety regulations prevented him from doing so. I was incredulous, disbelief reigning. But, he insisted and I gave in although I couldn't let go of those mussels. The solution, order another beer, an excellent Greenwood, wait an hour and try again. After an hour, John reheated my mussels and I finally finished them..
When I got home, I checked Canada's Shellfish Food Safety Site and Ontario Ministry of Health Food Safety Regulations 493/17 and 562 governing Food Premises. No such regulation - Its an Urban Legend, John..... John, John, John - 5 star became 4!

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Been here a number of times and every time its great. Very good alternative beer selection (I like sours and gose's rather than IPA's etc). Service is always unreal. Great place to stop in for a couple different beers before a night of pub hopping

Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

Great place, tasty food and amazing service! Taylor waited on us, she was super friendly, quick and accommodating. We enjoyed our dinner and will definitely come back again.