“everything made in house. awesome burger.”
Review of Beer Bistro

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Cross street: Yonge St.
Transit: King Subway Station on the Yonge Line; King St. Street-Car service 24-hour Queen St. Street Car Service.
Reviewed July 23, 2018

stopped in for a beer yesterday and had the burger..WOW, one of the best I've eaten. I've had beers here forever and had their fries (the best in Toronto) many times but never actually had a meal until yesterday. The chef brought our food out and explained in great detail how everything was made. All in house, all prepared with passion and it tasted awesome. I had always thought of this place just for beer (I work close by) but now I realize the food is really great!

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 16, 2018

We wanted something sweet late...but also maybe a coffee or cocktail so our hotel (the Omni) across the street sent us here. The waitress and staff were very nice and seated us right away. It wasn't crowded but they were pleasant and suggested some good desserts. We really enjoyed. I would try again for a meal. Cute place with a bar, inside and outside seating.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 15, 2018

The first time we visited Toronto we found the Beer Bistro and the experience stuck with us. The food and the place generally was a lot more informal. We've been a couple of times since, on one occasion bringing my mother in law who was impressed.

After a few years we decided we would call back. The place is a lot more formal and 'grown up' now. The menu is very much geared towards a refined market and is quite meat centred (not much good for me, but that's just a personal aside).

Service is decent. The food was good - my husband said the Scotch Egg was exceptional. We took a seat at the bar after the meal and the bar man - sorry I never got his name - was very friendly. The raspberry beer is a delight.

Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

The place is cozy, staff very nice, doing magic to serve so many tables!! But they did great.

We ordered mussels and burger.
I loved my dish, “Belgian white” mussels prepared with garlic, it was delicious!!! The best I ever had!!

Burgers were also good. All dishes are prepared using beer, and, also, the menu includes suggestions about best pairing beer to your dish.

For desert we had a chocolate cake without flour that had beer in its preparation and that was different and very good!

Prices were very reasonable to the great quality of meals.

I loved the food, the atmosphere, and I will come back!!

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

I am totally enamoured with Beer Bistro, Chef Nathan and Beer Sommelier Ray. Let’s start with Nathan and the food. There is so much passion in the food. It is made with beer, paired with beer and held high with local passion. Weekends are for whole hog roasts and the rest of the week there are mussels in beer, the worlds best pork sandwich with fries and coleslaw in he homemade beer bun, or have a perfectly cooked steak. The ice creams are so good and change all the time. Have the Stout ice cream and pour beer on top like me!
Now there is Ray and his giant smile and massive knowledge. He makes learning about beer a blast. Tell him or any of the crew what you like and they will find a bunch.
Please follow @joannasable on instagram for more food fun