“Some really great dishes.”
Review of Congee Queen

Congee Queen
Ranked #438 of 9,121 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is a beautiful restaurant, not the decor you would expect from a chinese restaurant. Some of their featured dishes are among the best in the city like the crispy squid. They also make a decent bubble tea which is one of the reasons I like it when we go here with the in laws. Almost all the patrons are chinese which speaks to the quality of the food. Service is what it is in a busy restaurant. I have been about a dozen times in the last 3 years and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

I tool my girlfriend to the congee queen because she had heard great things about the place. We got there at 2:15 and I decided to eat something from the lunch special menu which serves until 2:30. It took us about 15 minutes to get the attention of the waitress, who seemed too happy talking to her co-workers to bother to take our order. Finally when she came she told me that I couldnt order from the lunch menu because it was already 2:30 and proceeded to take the menus away. I explained to her that no one would take our order and she said that that didnt matter, we could no longer order from the lunch menu. I looked at my girlfriend in astonishment while the waitress tapped at the menus with her pen with an angry look. I could have ordered something from the regular menu but I would not stay in a place were I am being treated as a second rate customer.

I guess customers are not always right. So in my opinion, if service is as important to you as the food, look somewhere else or you may leave this restaurant with a pretty bad feeling.

1  Thank edgarin8
Reviewed 2 March 2011

Fantastic food for a cheap price. Try the Beef Chow Mein, I love it.

Reviewed 23 November 2010

We have been to Congee Queen many times. The noodles and rice dishes are very good. So are the meat and vegetable dishes. The setting is clean and the staff are quite friendly.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 19 February 2009

soooooo good there i ate there like twice already hope to go again lor

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook