“Delicious!”
Review of Loka - CLOSED

Loka
Price range: US$0 - US$114
Neighbourhood: Old Toronto
Description: An exploration of Canadian cuisine. Loka Toronto was named the best new restaurant in 2015 by NOW Magazine and top 20 best new restaurants by Toronto Life. The menu changes daily and is posted on Facebook at 4pm.
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

We had four delicious courses here and didn’t feel the need to have the meat at all! The Brussels sprouts were so good we had the dish twice, cabbage grilled and seasoned to perfection, and a great beet salad. Reasonable drink selection and you can tell the chefs are hard working and passionate! We’ll be back - quality over quantity here...

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed December 17, 2017

WOW!!! This was my 2nd time at Loka and I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. The food tastes amazing and the presentation is what you would expect to see at "LE CAMION QUI FUME" in Paris. We had the "taste the menu" selection and as I didn't spend much time looking at the menu, each dish was a wonderful surprise. The chef and sous chef have managed to create very special dishes, that are unique and wonderful. This place is a must visit if you are in the queen west area of Toronto. Keep in mind I think it is only open for dinner.

Everyone at the restaurant is wonderful, from the servers to the chef and sous chef. On my last visit I had the chance to interact with them all and they are as friendly as can be.

A couple things to note before you go...you aren't going to be full when you leave, although the food is sublime the portions are French. :) I prefer the quality over quantity any time, but I know some people really feel like they have to be stuffed when they leave a restaurant. You have to make a reservation through their website and you will need a credit card to do this. This turned me off a bit but my card was never charged and I believe all they are trying to do is make sure you are serious about the reservation.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Philip W
Reviewed December 1, 2017

After we settled in and were reviewing the menus, we were told before we ordered that the portions were small, and they recommend we each buy 2 to 3 plates each person. I wish the menu on the website said this in bold letters so that I saw this before I made reservations because at that point, we are sitting down relaxing, and in our case, celebrating someone's birthday.

I rechecked the website menu, and small portions is mentioned. But I didn't see it. Who wants to get up and leave? Suddenly the price estimate doubles for everyone! Please... this fact should be in red bold letters on the menu so it stands out.

Anyway, we decided to stay... some of the plates were wonderful. Others, were not. Sorry, but we won't be back.

Reviewed November 21, 2017 via mobile

We were in the neighbourhood and decided to try a new restaurant for dinner. What a find!! The food was simply amazing. We tried a few different dishes and the ingredients in every single one just paired magically. Toronto sure has a lot of great food but this is definitely one of the best I have had. We'll definitely be back!

1  Thank 824jasminm
Reviewed November 11, 2017

This is my 4th time eating at Loka. The creation of each dish is tasty. It is not a big menu, which I love so can try every thing on the menu. The wine is reasonable. Best to order the full menu and share so you can try all the dishes. You don't want to miss out. I can wait to go back.

1  Thank Sam D