“Great Place To Dine!”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 9 August 2017

While driving off of Queensway into Sherway Gardens, what do you see? Maybe Indigo? Well depending which way you’re coming from, you can’t miss the huge white letters JOEY SHERWAY.

So this place is gargantuan huge! Seating everywhere. Lots of different choices on the menu. Choose between climbing the large staircase in the middle of the resto or sneak around the side and take the elevator up (me, lazy) to the open-air balcony. Staff wearing black running around on a crazy day. Trust me, expect it!

What we ordered:
Japanese Gyoza ($12.50) – Tasty little pieces. It’s nice to dip the dumpling into the sauce. Not nice if you double dip.
Calamari Fritti ($14.00) – Crunchy not soggy. Not fishy at all and great tasting batter.
Ravioli With Lobster Cream And Grilled Shrimps ($23.50) – Price is a little steep for my liking but this dish a favourite of mine.
Steak Frites ($22.50) – All time classic. Cooked well. Nothing like fries to munchy-on.
Farmers Market Chicken Salad ($18.50) – Joey Sherway used to have the Superfood Salad 500 that was my all-time favourite. Now that it’s been replaced with this one, I sort of feel like I got ripped off. Plus they added more kale and beets than I really needed. Kale + beets = super bitter.

Pros: The staff are great here. They know their stuff and are super friendly. The food is great and very tasty if you choose the one you’re in the mood for. I highly recommend sitting on the balcony. On a bright clear day, it is a beautiful view and nothing feels better than having the warm sun while you eat with family and friends.

Cons: Indoor lighting is a little dark if you are seated further into the restaurant. There is only one entrance from the outside. There is no entrance/exit into the mall. If you are sitting on the balcony, make sure it’s a nice day. If it’s too bright, the ceiling fans might not be enough to cool you down (wear sunblock!) and if it’s too cold then bring a jacket because the ceiling heaters will not warm you up.

Advice: If you’re on a diet, this place is NOT for you. Pay by credit card because normal people don’t usually carry over $100 to pay for a lunch bill.

For more food reviews and blogging, check out my blog listed in my profile.

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Sherway, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi SpicyChopsticks,

First of all I would like to apologize for my delay in responding to your review and thank you for taking the time to share your story. We are so happy that your enjoyed your experience with us at JOEY Sherway and really appreciate the detailed comments you provided regarding your visit. We value all feedback, online and in person, as we are a company committed to growth by continuing to evolve in a direction that our valued guests would appreciate. If you are ever in need of a booking or have any additional comments or suggestions please do not hesitate to reach out to us at jsherway@joeyrestaurants.com

We look forward to having you back in again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Always very busy, but enjoyable food, space and service (once you get a table).

Some of my faves; Calamari Fritti, Baja Fish Tacos, Hand-pressed Burger, Filet Mignon.

I must say that I recently tried the Farmer's Market Chicken Salad and it was disappointing for me. I was being treated, so I didn't complain. While the ingredients were healthy and fresh, overall I found it a wee bit too earthy and without any memorable flavour. I may have been forgotten on a dressing or something...I'm not sure?

Usually a good reliable food experience though.

Management T, General Manager at JOEY Sherway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your feedback around your recent visit. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your overall experience but disappointed you weren't overly pleased with the food. If you are interested in sharing any further information please feel free to email us at jsherway@joeyrestaurants.com

Thanks again,

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Group of 5 of us recently visited Joey's Sherway for a Birthday dinner. Food was good, from the appetizers, to the mains, one of the entrees came with a side of fries, which were a little on the cold side, but other then that food was good, 4/5 on the food.

As for the service... poor at best, which began when we walked in, had a reservation, and yet still had to wait 10 minutes for a table, when clearly many tables were available in both the dinning room, and the lounge. Once seated drinks... food... clean up... bill, all were incredibly slow, had to ask for drink refills, had to ask for water for the table, once we were ready to go and paid the bill, there were still dirty plates on the table, just seemed very chaotic, and as if nobody really knew what was going on... and this was on a night where it was pretty slow inside, wouldn't want to see the service level on a busy night.

Hi,

I am very sorry to hear that we were not able to deliver the service that you should have received during your visit with us. We would love to hear more about your experience and hopefully have you back in to enjoy our restaurant. If you are open to chatting further about your recent experience please send us an email at jsherway@joeyrestaurants.com

We hope to hear from you soon,

Reviewed 6 August 2017

We went for lunch on a Sunday, and it wasn't too busy. We loved the food, but the service was poor. The waitress took 20 mins to bring us drinks, and never filled them up until we had got the check. We didn't see her between our meals being dropped off and her dropping the check over 30 minutes later. It was unfortunate, and we would have ordered more drinks.

Hi Levenah,

We appreciate you taking the time and filling out the review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy your recent experience at JOEY Sherway and would love the chance to hear more about it. If you are interested in sharing more feedback or making a booking so we can get it right next time please send us an email at jsherway@joeyrestaurants.com

We look forward to hopefully connecting.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2017

First time at Joey Sherway. Ordered the Calamari and Japenese Goyza for appetizers as we were a group of 4. The Japanse Goyza was fantastic (pork dumplings)! Menu choices for us ranged from the Lettuce Wraps, Rotesserie Chicken, Burger and the Butcher's Sandwich and all were great but what really stood out was the mashed potatoes! These are deep fried in a pastry and filled with bacon and cheese with a drizzle of sour cream on top and were unbelievable! Our server, Cherise, made us feel so welcome and she was absolutely wonderful!!!! The only negative is that there seemed to be a delay at the bar so our drinks came out much slower than they should have. We were also treated to a welcome drink, Prosecco (see pic attached) which we thought was a really great gesture. We will be sure to go back soon!

Hi,

Thank you for the awesome review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent experience and we look forward to having you join us again soon. I did want to apologize for the delay in your drinks. If you have any future feedback please don't hesitate to contact us at jsherway@joeyrestaurants.com

Hope to see you back in again soon!