“Stopped for drinks on our walk”
Review of Provo FoodBar

Provo FoodBar
Ranked #406 of 9,693 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed September 12, 2017

stopped for drinks on our walk to meet friends at Provo. God it was the service better then Jack Astors on University. At Provo they were prompt, likeable and personable. I ended up getting the Ardberg single malt scotch and my spouse got the house red. Both drinks were perfect, reasonably priced and promptly delivered. Drinks took no less then 5 minutes upon entry, and the bar was pretty full. No one was messing around, and the selection was great.
I just wish I had more time to try the draft Estrella from Barcelona, what a great beer it is, on tap ever better. Can't wait to be back again.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

We loved the atmosphere at this place, the waitress, the beer, the price. We went there to taste a Tagliere we saw on Instagram just like those we had in Italy and It did not disappoint us at all. I recommend.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

Dining on Thursday night...there about 6:30 pm. Not very busy. Had a great waiter, Dan. Very attentive. Oysters plentiful @ $1.00 each. House wine $5. But then it came to the dessert. I had asked to have a decafe coffee with it. No, sorry I was told..don't have decafe. Only instant decafe coffee. Who serves that anymore? So by this time the restaurant was empty. 8:00pm and not a single table other than ours. I politely asked if I could run across to the coffee shop on the corner and get myself a decafe and pour it in their cup and no one would be the wiser. Did I mention there were no other people in the restaurant? Well, the manager was consulted (she was sitting two tables away from us) and Dan came back and said that they "were not allowed" to bring in any outside drinks.
I mean, come on!! I get it if it was crowded. So that stopped all the fun. We would of been ordering more drinks, more food...but decided to leave on the spot. WRONG decision of that manager. She should of been a little flexible. Just lost 3 customers . Will not return. Ever.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Picked this place on OpenTable just based on it having a table for that evening. We had a really great meal - oysters followed by the wild boar pasta was delicious. My husband had crab cakes and then the jambalaya. Good cocktails, nice red wine and great service topped off by a cool vibe in the restaurant. Simple but tasty and would definitely go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Called in for drinks and oysters after visiting AGO after being attracted by the chalk board offer of cheap oysters. Very friendly service, excellent beers and wine and lovely oysters too.