All reviews outdoor pool would stay again room was clean motel casino
Reviewed September 21, 2018

What can I say about the Ivy Rose? You get what you pay for. It's clean, but the rooms and furniture are old and dated. It also seemed like a lot of construction crews staying here, so I gather that it is more of a short-term residence than a tourist motel. Bottom line - if you're only looking for cheap accommodations without worrying about much else, this place will fit the bill. As I said, at least it is clean!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

My friend was here from BC for a week so tried to find an affordable place, this dump says family friendly ect.. online but it’s a dump!! First they put her beside some people that live there, as soon as we looked at the room and learned the people next door live there we should have ran away! Nope, we checked her in. Get to the room to have the neighbours, a couple that work there, tell us that they are having company over but not too late. Well they sat on a couch outside the room with a radio drinking and being obnoxious til after 11 then moved inside the room where they began arguing and with paper thin walls my friend heard it all!! Next morning she gets up to go to store and puts do not disturb on door, one side says make up room so she made sure to double check it said do not disturb, she drives down the street and comes right back to the owner and the drunk lady from next door both in her room!! Door wide open and 2 other people hanging outside and the owner is smoking a cigarette in her non smoking room he’s not even supposed to be in!! They weren’t making up the room they were snooping!! I’ve read about cops finding stuff in peoples rooms at that place all the time well it’s prob the owners and friends going in rooms finding stuff, stealing stuff then calling cops to get guest in trouble, not sure on all that but I’m telling you do not trust this place or people!!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mamamima75
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Terrible management .. we booked rooms 5 months ago for a bowling tournament and asked for our group to be all together ..they said no problem when we get here they have us scattered throughout the place saying they have weeklong bookings .which if they new in advance they should not have put in the rooms we have booked ..this place used to be a great place to stay ..not anymore ..when asked to fix an electrical problem the maintenance guy simply pushed the furniture against the plug to hold it in the socket ..

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat A
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Go somewhere else. Our room stunk and the carpet was disgusting. After being in the room 10 minutes, I asked to be moved because of the smell. I was shown another room and the smell was worse. Unfortunately they processed my credit card when we arrived so I couldn't leave without being charged.
The carpet was so bad that we kept our shoes on when we were in the room. We left the air conditioning on during the day to improve the smell but we had to turn it off at night because it was too noisy.

Room tip: There are no good rooms!
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank PD35
Reviewed September 8, 2017

It's not often I comment on the hotels I stay in but this one I feel I have too.

You know that saying the pictures tell the story, well in this case they don't.
This motor inns pictures give it that quaint cosy feeling, thats not the feeling I got when we first arrived. I got a feeling of a down hill slide which is a shame really as in the past I think this would have been a much nicer place to stay.
The first impression is allways the appearance and the place looked terrible and unkept especially the grounds with the grass needing a good going over and weeds needing attention, the vehicle parked with at least three flat tires looked as if it had been parked there for a long time didn't help.
The view out the window to the back was of weeds higher than the window also gave the impression of lack of care.
The room itself was older and showed signs of wear but was clean and tidy and everything worked which was a bonus.
The reason why I picked this place was the price and the fact I have stayed in this type of establishment (motor inn) before also, but I will not be staying in this one again, well not untill Overhaulin have been anyway.

Date of stay: August 2017