“My exciting week in Windsor (Detroit Marathon 2009)!”
Review of University Place

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Windsor
University Place
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Toronto, Canada
“My exciting week in Windsor (Detroit Marathon 2009)!”
Reviewed 25 October 2009

I was running the Detroit Marathon and had a week to myself, and since there is a direct flight from my hometown of Duluth (DLH) to Detroit, I decided to make a vacation out of it. Going through customs was easy - and I did it four times (with the marathon expo and the actual marathon) - the Windsor Transit tunnel bus is the best way to get to and from Detroit. I was never confused about where to wait or when the bus would arrive.
I stayed at University Place (3140 Peter St). I'm interested in attending the University of Windsor anyway, so I was able to be near the campus and visit a few times to get a feel for the area. I really liked it - the diversity, the people, there were things to do, I felt safe, and I am definitely coming back. The marathon was wonderful (it starts in Detroit and weaves through Windsor and then back into Detroit) and we ran right past the area I was staying. Although I am used to newer, modern cities (I admit at first I was kind of unsure about the neighbourhood because it looked so old - I wasn't sure if it was a bad part of town or just the students area) I was comfortable walking around and doing the same things I do here in Duluth. I had a great stay at Univ. Place and am already planning on coming back to Windsor soon.

3 Thank FortFrances807

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)