“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Calgary, Alberta
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have travelled and stayed at many Hotels through Canada and the United States mostly for business. I found myself having to stay at this Hotel due to a sudden and unexpected death of a close friend. I had no reservation when I showed up looking for at least a four day stay. The staff at this Hotel were most understanding of my situation and to me appeared to go the extra mile to help me. During my stay I dealt with Jen, Kim and Marie. All of them were absolute professional in their duties. I cannot thank the staff enough at this Hotel for their understanding and compassion. I didn't have the opportunity to talk to the manager directly but I would have liked to thank her for having such wonderful and most helpful people working for her.
THANK YOU.
When I find myself in Windsor again I will only consider staying at this Hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Justin B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Windsor, responded to this review, 24 May 2017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
thamesville
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My family travels to Windsor few times a year and refuse to stay anywhere else but this hotel. Even as non-smokers if they book at this hotel and a non-smoking room is not available they will stay in a smoking room JUST because of the service they get from the staff! They always have positive things to say about ALL the staff at this hotel. My family always feel welcomed and like they are at home. I want to let their staff know, that just because one odd ball that probably thinks by writing a negative review about their stay, may result in he/she getting a free stay somewhere should NEVER reflect on how well their service is to others. Keep up the good work! There's always a bad apple some where! I challenge anybody to experience a stay at this hotel and have some negative comment about the customer service they received, this hotel has EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE! Larry A.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank marty780

Toronto
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed here for one night. Very clean, good location, but had to drive everywhere. It was about a 10 min drive to downtown, and was easily navigated. Price was good, liked the microwave and mini fridge included. Breakfast was quite minimal with only toast, bagels, muffins, choice of 3 cereal, hard boiled egg, banana, orange. I would have liked to see a few other items such as yogurt etc.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank BramptonBri
guestserver, Guest Servces Representative at Comfort Inn Windsor, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Thank you for your review, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, we are about 10 minutes from our Downtown but as you have stated its really easy to get there. We do have a number of restaurants and shopping plazas within walking distance but it does depend on what you are looking for. sorry, you must have missed the Belguin Waffles during your Comfort Sunshine Breakfast, well the next time you stay with us you'll have to try them, they are sssooo good you just can't have one. See You Soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2012

My family lives in Windsor. I drove in from Toronto in the am. Spent all day with my family. My fiancé and I were tired and went to check in at 8pm. The customer service agent at the desk did not even say hello or smile. She knew that I was a repeat guest yet had such an attitude with us. I was extremely upset. When I told Kim that I was not pleased with her attitude she handed me a managers card and said that I could speak to her manager on Monday. Kim checked us into a double bed room that was dirty. We reserved a queen bed. No apology for the inconvenience or bad attitude. She thought her attitude was acceptable. I would assume that being a part of a big hotel chain that you spend money training your staff. I am a director of food and beverage at a hotel in Toronto. We thrive on going the extra mile for our guests and I told her that she needs to be friendly. Why be a customer service agent if your going to have such a bad attitude!!! I go to see my family in Windsor every 6 weeks. I will not return to this property as long as she is employed there!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Laura C

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Older hotel but in great shape and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Place has some character to it. No elevator for those who can't carry bags. Good location with plenty of things to do.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank MrGreenthumb
guestserver, Guest Services Representative at Comfort Inn Windsor, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Mr Green Thumb, thank you for your review. Your concerns about us not having an elevator will be a helpful hint for those future guests reading your comments. We are an older building with only 2 storeys so there aren't to many stairs to climb, and I do agree with you I also think the Hotel does have some character. Our staff really does try to keep the property in great shape and clean and you can see their pride through this. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the Comfort Inn on Dougall in Windsor.
Chicago Ridge, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 19 January 2012

On our way back from the States, it was late and after five hours of driving, I didn't feel like driving anymore. A quick google search gave us this hotel as an option. The staff was very friendly in making last minute accomodations and we very much so enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Alex, Thank you so much for your comments and praises. Our staff really does appreciate hearing that we have another satisfied guest. I do appologize for the delay in responding to you. We are glad you stayed with us here at the Comfort Inn on Dougall Ave., and you are right!, it is always safer to pull over and get accommodations than to continue driving when you are tired. Take Care and we hope to see you again when you visit Windsor.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 21 November 2011

This is a simple, clean and efficient motel/hotel and a great place to stay if, like us, you are just passing through town.

It is on the main road that leads into downtown Windsor (5 minutes) and a block from the highway that leads towards the Ambassador Bridge and the U.S., therefore very accessible. But don't let that give you the wrong idea, it is incredibly quiet.

On the plus side: the room is very large, with a sofa/sitting area, a small table, fridge and a microwave. A very comfortable queen size bed and an average sized bathroom with plush towels. There is free wi-fi in the room, a decent breakfast included in the price and ample free parking.
Also, the reception has coupons for 20% off at Cramdon's Tap & Eatery restaurant located across the street.

On the downside: Only a few small things stood out and all of them are esthetical. The bathroom was functional, but was quite dated and could have used some upkeep. There was no closet, only a rod with hangers right next to the bed (see photos). There was a bedside table only on one side of the bed, I had to put a chair on my side to be able to put my things down.
Again, not major things but little details that could make the room better and more functional.

Finally, the biggest thing this hotel has going for it is its staff. Most particularly a lady named Kim. I was in contact with Kim a few times to make arrangements before our arrival and had a few questions regarding sights/restaurants after our arrival and she could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Thank you Kim.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.