Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor
  • Pool
US$82
Kenora Motel(Windsor)
US$55
All reviewsthe holiday inndowntown windsorihg memberhotel restaurantfront desk stafflower levelrestaurants and barslate at nightair conditionerfitness roombeds were comfortablethe riverwater frontrooms are largeambassador bridgenice roomtunnel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We were greeted by every staff person we encounted-very customer service oriented.Rooms were spotless,love the outside deck by the pool. We had a great stay as usual, only place we stay when we come to Windsor.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2012

As a Holiday Inn Platinum member, I can say this hotel should not be part of the ING chain of hotels
Staff not properly trained
hotel very old and dated
could not get in parking lot without checking in first
laundry service not working
discovered after stay parking was supposed to be free to platinum members but hotel refused to reverse charges

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
HIWINDSOR, General Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Dear Gary,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. It is unfortunate that our laundry room was in use when you tried to use it. We have many long term guests that utilize this room on a daily basis. I was disappointed to read that you felt our staff is not properly trained. We at the Holiday Inn take great strides to ensure that our high standards in quality are met for every guest. I would like to speak with you further regarding your charges, if you could please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 28 June 2012

This is a standard Holiday Inn. Nothing out of the ordinary other than the birds in the lobby.

My room was clean and comfortable with a boring view of the tunnel exit. My only caveat ... the bathroom is so cozy that it could be uncomfortable for large guests. Front desk and restaurant staff were very helpful.

Many restaurants and the waterfront available a short walk away.

I'd be happy to stay here again.

Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear CanadaKate,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. We are able to continue to learn and grow based upon reviewers such as yourself.

I have passed along your comments about our restaurant staff along to the the restaurant manager.

We would love to welcome you back, and to hopefully have the more exciting view of Ouellette Avenue.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I didn't have a choice on where I was staying in Windsor because I was with a mentoring group and it was the agency's choice. Overall I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was several blocks to the river where there was a summer fair with things to do for the children. The hotel was also close to the casino. I was too tire to go. The room had a few issues that was taken care of immediately. The bed was comfortable and the room was extremely clean. Because of the location at the exit from the tunnel, I thought the room I was in would be loud, but I didn't hear a thing when I slept. Our group had breakfast which was very good. I only stayed one night but I would stay again if I needed a place to stay in Windsor.

2  Thank tch912
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear tch912,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your kind words. By taking the time to submit a review, you allow us to continue to grow and improve our business.

We are glad that your first stay was great, and would love to welcome you back to our property the next time you are in Windsor.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Stayed as a PCR Plat member and recieved an appropriate upgrade. Took advantage of the 5000 PCR point offer to June 30 2012 for CPSA Members.

Room was older style but very clean and in good condition. Room service was fast,accurate, and at proper temperature. Parking is on the 2nd level and height clearance its 6 ft 8" (Hotel should post on their webpage). All staff were friendly and helpful. All in all a comfortable and easy business stay. Good value on the rates.

Room Tip: Rooms opposite the street side tend to be quieter ( they face the Canada Customs check points )
7  Thank TM643
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear T M

Thank you or taking the time to send a review in or our property. You help us continue to grow and learn when you do so.

We will be looking into adding the height clearance to our hotel webpage as we are currently creating a new site. Thank you for the suggestion.

We hope that you continue visiting Windsor, and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.