All reviewsthe holiday inndowntown windsorihg memberhotel restaurantfront desk staffrestaurants and barslate at nightroom was clean and comfortableambassador bridgetunnelpillowsdetroitcasinoriverfrontcaesars
Reviewed October 24, 2017

Nice, pure and simple. Big clean room, big comfortable bed. A mini-fridge and microwave which I wasn't expecting and didn't use but would be a nice bonus on another trip.The staff was polite and on-the-ball, and the restaurant in the hotel surprisingly good (I went for breakfast). Well-located in downtown. I especially liked the pool, which was a good size and which I had to myself when I used it! It was odd that the glass walls offered a view to the hallway and people waiting for the elevator or going to the rooms could watch me swim, but a minor complaint.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear R R,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your stay with us. We always appreciate hearing back from our guests.
We are currently scheduled to begin renovations later this year, and while I cannot specifically say if the pool area is being changed during this time, I have let our team know these comments.
I do hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Great staff, beds are comfortable, rooms were recently re-done, Bathrooms are great, Parking fills up quickly, so late at night I don't recommend taking g your vehicle out for fear of losing your parking spot

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Kyle4815,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your visit.
You are correct that our parking can fill up fast, especially when we have large groups, or a busy night with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon for your next trip to the Windsor area.

Reviewed September 11, 2017 via mobile

I was charged 200.00 for a place that was so outdated but clean...My husband booked the room for a night as we wanted to stay in Windsor at Ceasars for a 3rd night but no availability. We where charged 16.00 for parking at checkout which is rediculious considering the shape of our room and the place in general...Will never book at this place again untill prices are lowered and parking and stuff is included in booking price...

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Dear Laurie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your stay with us, and I'm sorry to hear that is was less than satisfactory. Unfortunately being a Downtown location, parking availability is limited, and since we do not own our facility, we must pass along the charges as dictated by the owner of the structure.
I would like to let you know that we are currently set to begin renovations soon, and are excited to showcase our fresh, updated rooms after.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again, either before or after the renovations, to show you a wonderful stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here because it was cheaper than staying in Detroit on a busy weekend. It was close to lots of restaurants and the tunnel, we went back and forth to Detroit a couple of times during our stay. The bed was big and comfy. The bathroom was a little small, but clean. The only thing I noticed was that the street/ surrounding businesses were noisy at night, which didn't bother us, but might other people. Over all a good stay.

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Rose,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review from your stay with us. You are correct that the surrounding area can become louder during the night, but that is also part of the draw into the Windsor area.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again on your next trip to the Windsor/Detroit area.

Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

We arrived to the holiday inn and after parking and checking in and were told our room has been upgraded to a suite! Upon entry to our room it has two double beds and super small... I think we got duped into a down graded room. Very disappointing however we decided not to complain and just suck it up. The bathroom was so small the door hit the toilet. The fridge was a decent size along with closet. Otherwise room was mediocre and nothing to write home about. The location was the main feature and affordable prices, hard to beat that when you'd be paying double to stay down the street at the Caesars.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2017

Hello Jocelyn D,

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown ON and leaving your honest feedback.

I am sorry to read that your stay was not exceptional because the room assigned was not to your liking. IHG sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate your sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again.

I know that this stay may not have been the best but I am hopeful for another opportunity to welcome you back for an improved experience.

Many thanks,