All reviews the holiday inn downtown windsor ihg member hotel restaurant front desk staff late at night room was clean and comfortable ambassador bridge tunnel pillows detroit casino riverfront caesars
Reviewed September 29, 2018

No mention of the hotel being under construction on booking site. I reserved a room for a friend and his companion and they wouldn't let them check in without a deposit 2x the room fee. It couldn't shake the impression it was because my friend was black.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is under construction, which is fine. The first top floors have been renovated which I have stayed in, rooms are nice but the pillows have this dirty disgusting smell to them also the sheets and mattress. The air conditioner is so loud and nosing it makes it very hard to sleep. The toilet also makes a strange noise after flushing. After my stay here with the issue I had and not having any sleep this hotel did not make my trip a enjoyable one. If you do stay at this hotel make sure u smell the pillows and bedding also text the AC unit for the loudness.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2018

Hotel room was fine but the extra charges aren"t. First staying at the hotel you have to pay for parking. Why? you are staying at there hotel.
Next you have to have a deposit so there is no smoking damage which they said would be put back on your card when you leave. It"s been two weeks and not rtnd yet, why??? I spoke to the hotel and they said they would look into it and get back to me, but so far nothing. I"m a non smoker to boot.

Room Tip: Don"t book a room
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank nina p
Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

I use to enjoy staying here, until the new company took over. Anytime I had a night out with friends I would book here. The price was always fair, great service, and very convenient for a night out. Unfortunately ever since the new company taken over I have had terrible experiences. The first bad experience I had was with my debt card. I book 1 room and was planning on paying for 1room, but was charge for 3. I understand mistakes happen , but the problem I had was that they did nothing about it and didnt care too much about the mistake they made. All they said was there was nothing they can do about it and barely even gave an apology. The next time I stayed here the people at the front desk was very rude and not helpful at all. They most definitely made it clear they didn’t wanna be there. They was not welcoming at all. The third time I stay there was the final straw. I booked 2 rooms with 2 queen beds for me and a few friends. There was only 2 people staying in each room, but we all want are own bed and didn’t mind spending the extra money for it. A few days before our stay I called the hotel to make sure I had the 2 rooms with 2 queens and I was told that I for sure have the 2 rooms and 2 queens. The night I came in to check in , I was told I only have 2 rooms with one 1 king bed for each of them. I explain to the lady ,at the front desk, about the booking and about how I call to make sure it was 2 queens and she basically brush me away. I was even charge the same amount. She was pretty rude about it and told me that if I have only 2 people staying in the room I cannot request 2 different beds. I explain to her that I made the booking with 2 beds for a reason, but she didn’t care. She told
Me all the rooms are booked and there’s nothing she can do about it. She was kind of rude about it and not welcoming at all. After that night I decided that would be my last stay at that hotel. I refuse to pay that amount of money for that type of service.

Also another thing to remember if you do decide to stay here , just know the prices are way more then they say on trip advisor.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We went to a Detroit tigers game and just needed a place to sleep before heading home the next day. We drove around for ten minutes trying to find parking and couldn’t. We ended up parking five blocks away and lugging our stuff to the hotel. We later found out there was parking but the entrance was hidden by construction equipment. The room was newly renovated so we had no complains there. My husband actually said the shower head was the best he’d ever used. The location is really only good if you’re in the party scene. There was drunk people in and out the entire night and we weren’t able to sleep at all In the morning We went down to the front desk twice and there was nobody there to assist us either time. In all it wasn’t terrible but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple