We stayed overnight in the Howard Johnson on Ouellette Street in Windsor. We booked the hotel because of the price, and we didn't get much more than what we paid for.
The woman at the front desk wasn't very pleasant. When we arrived the lobby tv had a Jerry Springer-like show playing loudly. We weren't even directed to our room.
The hallways stink like cigarette smoke and so did the non smoking room we were staying in. The carpet in the room was old and stained, but the room was clean. The sink, toilet and bathtub were yellow and from the 1970s. The bathroom backsplash was not wiped down and the roll of toilet paper hadn't been changed from the previous guests. The water pressure in the room was horrible.
There weren't even any vending machines with water or pop in the hotel, and when we called the front desk to ask we were treated abruptly.
The only good thing about this hotel was the price. We just needed somewhere to stay the night, so it served our purpose, but I definitely wouldn't recommended this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the comforts and convenience of a midtown hotel without the clamor and costs of a downtown hotel. Centrally-located in Windsor, Ontario, just five minutes from the downtown core and within minutes of Caesars Windsor Casino, the Detroit Tunnel and the Devonshire Mall, the Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel is the ideal hub around which to plan your visit to Windsor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Windsor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marquis Plaza Windsor
- Marquis Plaza Hotel Windsor
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel Windsor Ontario