“Improved Since Last Visit!”
Review of Caesars Windsor

Caesars Windsor
Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
London, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,483 helpful votes
“Improved Since Last Visit!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I last stayed at Caesars Windsor in August. At that time I had a room in the Forum Tower, and it was a little rough around the edges. The casino too was not very clean, and the meal I had at the Augustus Cafe was uninspired to say the least. Still, I found a great rate through TD Visa Travel for this visit, so I decided to give Caesars another try. I was pleased to see that things had improved since my last stay.

This time I stayed in the Augustus Tower, with a view to the west, including the Detroit River and Ambassador Bridge in the distance. The room was a little larger than the last one I stayed in, and it was immaculately clean with no signs of wear or damage. The Augustus Tower is inconvenient for accessing the spa/fitness centre and parking garage, but otherwise it was relatively quiet and definitely worthy of its AAA 4 diamond rating.

The casino was much cleaner this time than on my last visit. I did play the slots a bit, but found them much tighter than in Vegas, and the overall atmosphere was still just a little depressing (mostly seniors, looking none too happy, some straddling two machines and playing both like zombies...). Also, there happened to be some sort of UFC event happening at the casino that weekend. Thursday night there were weigh-ins at the VU bar, with fights scheduled the next day. This attracted a rather rough crowd (picture lots of shaved heads, neck tattoos, ratty jeans and hoodies), so I decided to have dinner on Erie Street rather than at Caesars. You might want to check Caesars' event calendar before making a reservation to see what kind of crowd might be in-house during your stay.

In the morning I spent about an hour at the fitness centre (decent selection of equipment overlooking the Detroit skyline), but didn't attempt to use the pool as it was full of the Bellator fight crowd. The Augustus Cafe was closed and is in the process of being renovated into something else. This meant breakfast options were limited to room service, Starbucks or the Forum Tower cafe. I opted for Starbucks since room service was going to be a 60 minute wait.

Automated check-out was a breeze. I'll definitely stay at Caesars Windsor again if I'm in town for a concert or other event and the price is right, but I would not book a trip there just to play the slots (I'll leave that to Vegas, where it's done much better).

Room Tip: If mobility is an issue, choose the more convenient Forum tower, although the Augustus Tower offers...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Kodachrome_Dreams

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,025)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel on 4/5-4/7 for a work function. My reservation had been entered wrong, but the front desk staff were able to quickly sort it out. They were extremely pleasant upon check-in and made what could have been a frustrating situation go smoothly.

I stayed in a king room in the Augustus tower. The room is very nice, with a comfortable bed. A spacious sitting area and bathroom rounded out a great room. The small fridge was a nice touch.

We used some of their conference and catering facilities while I was there. The food was good, average hotel catering food. The staff at the facilities was amazing. No matter who I asked, or what I asked for they got it for us ASAP. If they didn't know how to get it themselves, they knew who they should go to, which speaks highly of the management at this hotel.

I ate at Legends and Artists cafe. Both were nice enough, the food was very average. A little overpriced, but that's too be expected in a casino. Again, the staff at both places was wonderful.

This hotel has great facilities, but is made excellent by the staff I encountered throughout my stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 1 April 2012

stayed in November 2011 for a night - nice view of Detroit. The room was very spacious and comfortable and the leisure facilities were very good. We got a good deal online and coupled with the very good service at reception I was extremely satisfied with our stay

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Ohio
Reviewed 28 March 2012

A friend and I recently spent a Friday and Saturday night here for a weekend of gambling. We stayed in the older tower which is actually more convenient to access the casino. The room was clean and still seemed like new.
The hotel's location is great. A short walk gets you downtown to shops, restaruants and bars. Since we were there on St. Patrick's Day weekend there was alot going on. Everyone was there to party and seemed to be behaving themselves and having a good time. The hotel and casino staff were very friendly and helpful.
This hotel makes sense as the only place to stay if you are coming here to gamble or see a show at the casino. I will definetly stay here again. However the weekend rate is a little expensive.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
ON, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We went to see a show Trace Atkins and it was superb. The venue is small enough so it has that comfortable in the living room feel...Very clean, tickets were priced right and the night was amazing

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

For a very reasonably priced non-refundable reservation I satyed in a spacious upscale king bedroom in the Augustus tower. Small fridge and coffee maker included. Very classy washroom with separate shower and bath. No complaints with the room.

As expected the rest of the hotel is "casino flashy" - lots of mirrors and neon.

Easy walking to restaurants. The only grocery store downtown is a 15 minute walk or a 4 minute drive - if you prefer not to use restaurants.

Room Tip: This tower faces east or west, so rooms do not look over the river to Detroit, which would have been...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 27 March 2012

When we go to Windsor - we always stay at Caesars! It is such a nice hotel - w really comfortable rooms! Everything in the casino is close by as well! It is a nice little area to walk around outside the casino too - we have found a few nice places to have a drink and lunch outside the casino! The staff is wonderful and have always given us great suggestions! Keep it up Caesars!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windsor
Walkerville
Comfort Suites Downtown
Comfort Suites Downtown
#7 of 35 in Windsor
City Centre
Travelodge Hotel Downtown Windsor
MGM Grand Detroit
#3 of 33 in Detroit

Been to Caesars Windsor? Share your experiences!